Anyone have latest AOS menu or compass?

mag0737

Hi all :)

So glad I've joined this site, I'm finding the information so helpful!

I have a few questions for you:

1 - Does anyone have a recent menu listing for the main dining room?

2 - Based on your opinion, what night is best to book Portofino's?

3 - Anyone have a copy of the compass for the AOS?

My bf and I are sailing the AOS for the first time on July 5. We cannot wait!!!

Well, I feel really bad because I wanted to grab the compasses from my NYE AOS sailing, but in the rush I left them behind. My recommendation for Portofino is either Wednesday (Get Out There night -- used to be Caribbean night), or Tuesday night (Italian night). I found those two to be the weakest menu nights. Formal night are Monday and Thursday typically, and Friday they serve the fisherman's plate with lobster tail and shrimp, which most people don't want to miss. Sorry I don't have the actual menus or compasses, but if you have specific questions I can try to answer them while the cruise is still fresh in my memory! :)

What type of cabin did you stay in? I am on Deck Ten, Cabin 1608 (Owner's Suite). Could you tell me the amenties in the room? Did you travel w/children? I have a 16yr old and 12yr old at the time of sailing. What excursions do you reccommend? Thanks, Susan

mag0737,

My DD, DS and myself are on your sailing!! We've sailed the Adventure twice before and absolutely LOVE her! I'd like the latest menus and compases as well - we saw ALL the shows two summers ago and I'd like to see if any of them have changed!

Welcome aboard! Where are you from? I will be travelling with siblings and their children for a total of 15. My DH and I have two sons, 16 and 12. We live in CT. My sister has been on the AOS a few yrs. back and just loved it. We've travelled on Norweigan. Maybe we can meet on the cruise.

Susan

LTyler - thanks for the link to that thread.

Corkster and cookieeater - glad to see there are other people on the July 5th sailing! Are you finding the information for the Barbados route hard to come by? I'm noticing a lot of the info posted is for the Aruba route. Where are you 2 coming from? Another fellow cruiser started a thread on the roll call boards, maybe you should check it out.

We're from Texas! Last time in Barbados we went to the Boatyard. It had the BEST sand of any island we've been on! I decided to go tubing and ended up losing the bottom half of my swimsuit in the middle of the ocean, with crystal clear water! My fam still laughs at me and I've become famous as the only librarian in our district who has gone "bottomless"!! This time we're thinking of doing the snorkel and 4X4 excursion. We've done both routes and this one is our favorite. I'll check out the roll call!! Hope to meet you guys in July!:)

What type of cabin did you stay in? I am on Deck Ten, Cabin 1608 (Owner's Suite). Could you tell me the amenties in the room? Did you travel w/children? I have a 16yr old and 12yr old at the time of sailing. What excursions do you reccommend? Thanks, Susan

We just had a balcony cabin on deck 8, but the group of guys we hung out with many nights had room 1592, which I think is just 4 doors down from you. I've never stayed in a room like this, so I was just wowed! Large flat screen TV, comfy couch that had a pull-out, bar area. The bathroom was a very good size with whirlpool tub, nice shower, two sinks...oh and a bedit! And the bedroom was also a good size, and they had a cot in there along with the bigger bed (not sure if that's typical). There was a thick curtain separating the living room and bedroom. I know this is just general info from what I viewed, but I hope it helps! Oh, and there's was an adjoining room to 1598, but luckily the noise is shut out well....much better than the adjoining room we had where we could literally hear bags rustling in there room!

Archived