Poll: Best, And Most Beautiful Ship!!!

captjdd

What is the best, and most beautiful ship?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best, and most beautiful ship?

• Grand-Class (Princess)
    • Coral- Class (Princess)
    • Sun-Class (Princess)
    • Radiance Class (RCCL)
    • Millennium-class (Celebrity)
    • Vista -Class (HAL)

Well, to tell the truth, I have never been on any of the other choices on the poll except for the Princess ones so I guess mine is not a very even keeled (no pun intended) responce. Having worked for Home Lines Cruises for 4 years, i never thought I would like any big monster like the Grand. Those types of ships really didn't exist back then. My wife and I have been on the Grand a few times already and we love her more and more each time.

I have had the privilege of sailing on the Grand, Island, Sapphire Princess ships. Of these, My favorite is the Island Princess. The Sapphire is like the Island but on steroids, which makes it a bit bigger and less cozy. Mostly I did not especially enjoy the dining as well as the others.

I also sailed on Brilliance of the Sea from RCCL and a couple of other RCCL ships. By far, the Brilliance is my favorite overall ship. But, I have yet to have a bad cruising experience. So any ship that I happen to be on is my favorite, at least for the length of the cruise!

The Radiance was gorgeous and I chose it ....I like the cart look of the Golden. I think its beautiful but the Radiance is more beautiful inside(outside is pretty too).

However, the best pool layout (which is very impt to me) was on Enchantment and Monarch. I loved the Radiance pool bar area but those showers and hot tubs were like in the wrong spot so to speak. They seemed to take up more room than necessary and kind of blocked views(maybe its just me:rolleyes: ). The Golden the pools are so small (I only use the main pool area because I like the band and sun)- if they would get rid of some of the wading space it would make a huge difference and I like how on RCCL they have the bench-like around the whole pool to sit on

• 1 month later...

My favorite ship is the Golden Princess! I would sail on her every time if I could. We've also been on the Grand and the Caribbean.

But, I will also say, that my first cruise was aboard the Sun Princess and I thought she was a nice, compact, comfy ship. She looked big and beautiful to me when I first saw her!

I last posted on Dec. 27, not today, but since I am listed as today, I'll write something. For all of you posting, I will say that most of the Princess Ships are awesome and command a breathtaking appearance at first glance. Many cruisers on other ships just gaze at them when they are docked next to one.I can remember the first time I saw the Grand Princess in Port Everglades. My jaw dropped, and I was just seeing her from the back side while going over the Bridge. Magnificent! Happy New Year! Lynne

I vote the Royal. Also like the lines of the Crystals. I prefer the smaller ships and exotic ports. With the Royal going to P&O I'll have to take a hard look at these Renaissance conversions like the new Pacific. I found the Royal to be in excellent condition and just got off her last week. Except for the Balcony rooms the Renaissance ships on the average have smaller staterooms than the Royal and the Royal has a larger bathroom with tubs, also, the Pacific is quite a bit smaller overall. The real nice feature on the Royal is the tremendous amount of open deck public space not taken up by private balconies like so many of these floating soviet style apartment houses have today. A lot of them don't even look like ships. Best looking ship ever was the transatlantic Normandie, which sank in New York during the war. Also the NCLs Norway has beautiful lines.

It really isn't a fair poll unless all the voters have had a voyage on each of the ships mentioned.

I admit I did vote (Coral Princess) when I haven't yet been on a the non-Princess ships yet. But since we have been on all the classes of Princess, and loved them all for their uniqueness, I would say the Coral class was the best looking inside and out.

We loved the Sun for it's size and layout. The Grand was just that - Grand. For it's size we never felt it was that big nor that we were overwhelmed with the passenger count (until you get to port).

We do love them all and any other ship that floats. After this June we'll be able to compare the Brilliance of the Seas to our Princess ships. No plans on using another line at this time.

Can't and won't vote on this. Any ship leaving port with DH and me on it has to be the most beautiful ship we've ever sailed. :D

Dianne

My sentiments exactly. As I mentioned previously, the best ship is any one the floats with us on it.

It's always interesting to read the responses to questions like this because everyone has a unique way of looking at something. The Grand has it's majesty, the Coral has it's glitz and glamour and the Sun is very conservative. But people are drawn to certain aspects and complain about the other traits.

One man's Horizon Court is to die for and another person dies when they have to eat there.

Archived