1st timer to Bermuda

Karencruiser43

What is the earliest a passenger can get on the ship in NY?

Can you buy tokens on the ship for the Ferry/taxis?

What is the latest time you can get on the ship at night in Bermuda?

What time of the year does the dockside festival start.

Ferry or taxi to Horses hoe Bay Beach. How long of a ride and how much?

Anybody know the best nightclub in Bermuda - The Palace or Light nightclub at the white horse.

Thanks so much for any help anybody can give me on the above questions.

Much appreciated.

We were on the Dawn in october from NYC. We always get to the pier before 11:00, we we had to wait inside the terminal but If I remember correctly we were onboard by noonish and went to the buffet for lunch .

It was very organized.

We took the bus to horseshoe bay and it took about 1/2 hour. Taxis cost about $20.00 one way from what I've heard. Buses go direct to the beach from dockyards so it's not stop and go.

you buy your tokens when you get off the ship. There is a location that was never crowded immediatly to the left of the ship when you get off by the tee shirt, souvenier stand OR across by the bus/ ferry stops.

Anybody know the best nightclub in Bermuda - The Palace or Light nightclub at the white horse.

Much appreciated.

Much appreciated.

I can help with a few others:

You can come and go as you please to/from the ship while it's in port. No curfews at all.

Haven't heard of the dockside festival, but the Harbor Nights Festival in Hamilton was a blast!!! We were there the 2nd week in June. Don't know exactly when it starts, but this was definitely not the first time. The Festival is on Wednesday evenings.

You can either take the ferry to Hamilton and then take the bus. Or, take the bus from port. Timewise, it's about the same either way. I would highly recommend getting the 3-day pass for ferries/bus.

Can't comment on night life, we were on board partying......

Also, plan to arrive at the pier in NYC by 11:00 at the latest. We arrived at 10:30 and there were maybe 50 people there. By 11:30 when we boarded, there were a few hundred.

Much appreciated.

-I went on the Dawn last May, got at the Pier at 9AM and waited, they did let us bored early.

-You can't by toxens for ferry/taxi on ship, right when you get off in Dockyard you will see the signs and the trailers to buy the toxens/passes, but when you get off you will follow the road and you can't miss it.

-Nightclub in Bermuda? There is not much nightlife. A lot of the stores close at 5PM. The buses/ferry do not run late, so you would have to find a cab/taxi to travel around. As for something open late, Not sure what time the Swizzle Inn is open into?!?!?!?!?

Hope this helps, any other question check my posts for NCL Dawn thread!

• 3 weeks later...
What is the Swizzle Inn?

It's been two weeks since you posted this question, so I hope by now you have found the answer somewhere. In case you haven't, you should check the links below. Until recently there was only one, but they now have a new one outside of Hamilton along the South shore. We will be checking that one out in May.

Our one and only visit was in June, 2005, while on a family cruise. The Inn was highly recommended by many, with the "Swizzle" and fun environment being the attraction. "Swizzle in and swagger out" is how the saying goes. With dinner available for us on the ship, we planned our visit for late afternoon following a day at the beach, and basically planned on enjoying a few pitchers of swizzles, and head back. We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent food, and large portions, and of course the drinks did not disappoint. We had the biggest, and maybe the best nachos supreme any of us ever saw. There are also plenty of souvenirs to take home!

Official site:

http://www.swizzleinn.com/

Official reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g562684-d497103-Reviews-Swizzle_Inn-Hamilton_Parish_Bermuda.html

If you are not familiar, take a few minutes to read the reviews in the Trip Advisor. Also note the comment within my Countdown Clock!

Archived