RCI open play?

sprite

Do you mean for kids under the AO age of 3?

Usually, the answer is no. But I have been seeing some info trickling out about new family play times.

There is definitely Aqua Tots and Aqua Babies. It's a parents/tots play group held for 45 minutes/day in different lounges on the ship.

I am going back on a RCCL ship in a few weeks, so when I come back...I will have more info on the new Family play times. The Aqua Tots/Babies info is now at the link in my signature. Just go to the Adeventure Ocean ppages and List ALL. You will see them there.

^I've been meaning to get this scanned and posted and promise I will get it up soon, but they are testing a new FisherPrice Under 3 program on the Liberty and one other RCI ship.

It included THREE 45min - 1 hour play sessions a day! It was wonderful. They renamed it Royal Babies (6 - 18 months) and Royal Tots (18 - 36 months) to avoid the confusion of using the term 'aqua' which apparently a lot of people thought ment they would always do water activities or would be allowed in all of the pools!

The sessions were not drop off, you had to stay with your child. There were always 1 or 2 Adventure Ocean staffers working the sessions (it was the same two girls for the week). Each play session had a different theme and different toys. You were also allowed to check out toys or books to bring to your stateroom. The night session included reading a story before it concluded.

My 21 month old LOVED it and asked constantly for "babies toys" which was what she called it! I filled out everything I could asking them to expand this to all of the ships, as we'll be on the Navigator in April and will be quite bummed to go back down to one 45 minute session!

The staff told us that they're doing lots of tests like this on different ships to prepare for Oasis. Apparently some ships are doing a Crayola Sponsored program for the under 3's as well!

Wow - Michele you are awesome! It was great to see all those activities for the kids. I've been looking for some kind of "kids only" compass and wasn't sure how to find them.

Thanks too sharktums, I'm glad to hear we can "check out" toys and books so maybe I won't have to pack so many.

DS will be 33 months old so we'll definately check out the Royal tots program. I was just hoping there was some open play too. Oh well, the whole ship is going to be one big toy for him anyhow.

Michelle

Wow - Michele you are awesome! It was great to see all those activities for the kids. I've been looking for some kind of "kids only" compass and wasn't sure how to find them.

Yep, the great people at this board have been sending me their kid compasses/capers/kids crew info for about the past year. So we have a pretty nice collection going on, not just for RCCL but for most cruise lines. :D

Keep checking back because we constantly add to it.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/

Archived