Cabin Grades on Ventura

lostinvegas

Hi I hope someone can possibly answer this question.

There are 8 different grades for a Balcony Stateroom with shower

JA - JH

I am wondering what the difference is between these rooms? is it just where they are situated on ship or are their other differences?

Our travel agent has just rung us to tell us we have been upgraded to a JB cabin? but looking at all the info I cannot see the difference (apart from location) between a JB or any other J staterooms?

I am very happy with our cabin and its location, and the service we have had from our agent I am just interested?

Chris

All the 'Jx' cabins are the same size. The difference between them is the position on the ship - high-up, and amidships, are seen (or were seen, traditionally) as better. I'm not sure if it makes much difference on a ship as large as Ventura.

However there is one thing to be aware of. Although all the 'Jx' CABINS are the same size, the BALCONIES are not. Deck C has double-depth balconies, i.e. the distance from the cabin door to the railing is twice as much as it is for other J cabins. Bizarrely, the 'best' cabin on C deck is a JD, yet it has twice the balcony size of any JA, JB, or JC cabin! Best of all, half of each balcony on deck C is sheltered / non-exposed - the area nearest the cabin door is under the overhang from the balconies on deck B. So you have a choice of environment on Deck C balconies.

Archived