Independence sports bar

Hi again everyone ...

Can you tell me which bar on Independence of the Seas is best set up for sports events on big screens etc . Whilst arriving at Cobh ( Ireland ) it will be the last televised football match of the season and I for one would love to see Liverpool win the league on-board Indy !

Cheers ...:cool::cool::cool:

On Indy last year we asked about the possibility of watching the F1 GP.... was the night race in Singapore..... were met with blank looks..... it all depends on what is being streamed... what channels they are set up for.... bizarrely and totally coincidentally we came across the race in the cabin on the RTL channel.....

On Air Club has the most popular sporting events playing...........:D:)

Not so sure about that..... this was a cruise from the UK so many loyal British F1 and soccer supporters on board. They did show UK soccer on the room TVs..... did not see any advertising in the Compass for any UK soccer being screened On Air. During the day the On Air was used for Wii tournaments, crayola classes, card making etc.....

Not so sure about that..... this was a cruise from the UK so many loyal British F1 and soccer supporters on board. They did show UK soccer on the room TVs..... did not see any advertising in the Compass for any UK soccer being screened On Air. During the day the On Air was used for Wii tournaments, crayola classes, card making etc.....

Thanks for the info.:)

Do they show Football (soccer) in these bars?

And is there anything in the compass etc about what will be shown?

On our cruise we had soccer and baseball aired in the on air lounge at various times throughout the cruise. They were listed each day in the compass and sometimes they would be on various channels on your stateroom tv, which were also posted in the compass.

Hi Norbert! Not sure about the UK sailings, however, the major NFL and college games were held here when we sailed in November!! I would think the a huge following like the British F1 would have been on?? Even my DH loves them!!;)

Hey Stephen Larkin

I have seen football matches on the Freedom class ships. I watched CELTIC play in the UEFA cup, and I have seen Man U play as well. All while cruising on the ocean. Please keep in mind that it could and most likely will be on a time delay. I saw these in the sports bar on the AOS/

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise

Thanks

A crewmember on Monarch last summer explained that they have the normal stream plus they can also get special permission to show big events. We were watching Euro 2008 while sitting dockside at Ensenada at the time. Capt. Karin kept walking by to check the scores. Unfortunately Sweden did not fare so well.

Can I just say thanks to everyone who has answered my question , you have been very informative and once again proved that this is the best cruise site in the world !

Now i`ll have to check-out my deck plan to find where " On-Air " is situated .

Cheers all...:cool::cool::cool:

Archived