Disney Dollars....where can you use them?

daltonsma

Hi. I have a disney rewards visa card and cashed in my points for a disney dollars I think they call it--its a credit card type thing with money that can be used at disney locations (stores, parks etc)

Anyway, just curious if anyone knows if there is anywhere on the ship I can use this or at Castaway Cay maybe....

Otherwise I guess I'll just use it at the gift shop at the airport :)

Once you are on the ship go to the Purser's desk, give them your Disney Rewards card and they can apply the balance of Disney Dollars to your onboard account.

Last time we were on Disney, we used the Reward Dollars for gratuities.:)

Once you are on the ship go to the Purser's desk, give them your Disney Rewards card and they can apply the balance of Disney Dollars to your onboard account.

Last time we were on Disney, we used the Reward Dollars for gratuities.:)

Thanks, good idea!

• 3 months later...

Is there a reason you aren't using the dollars toward your actual vacation? I've been saving for a Disney Cruise - looking forward to a Disney Dream 2011 trip. I'm hoping that there isn't something in the fine print that I have missed.

Is there a reason you aren't using the dollars toward your actual vacation? I've been saving for a Disney Cruise - looking forward to a Disney Dream 2011 trip. I'm hoping that there isn't something in the fine print that I have missed.

for me it was more of I have X dollars & some were going to expire in Aug. so we opted to use them to pay for all our souveniers on-board. There was no way I'd have enough to pay for an entire trip.

It depends. If you have a Disney visa, you lose OBC if you use the "dollars" to pay for cruise. You have to weigh it out. I decided to pay the cruise in full with my card. I ended up getting more OBC, plus dollars.

Archived