Spa pedi costs

eventfarm

As I'm getting ready and getting killed at work, I'm slowly realizing that getting a (much needed) pedicure just isn't going to happen before I go.

So I figured I may try to get one on the ship. Has anyone done the pedi's?

How much do they run? Do they have massage chairs that you sit in? Do they soak your feet in a whirlpool first?

I've had some high$$ pedi's and sometimes they're not as good as the cheapy malls ones because it's missing that foot soak with running water and the massage chair....

I had a pedi done on my first cruise - it was expensive (maybe around $50, not sure anymore) and I was dissapointed. I was just sitting in a regular chair and a large bowl was used to soak my feet - also I was in a relatively open area (think regular manicure stations), there was no "spa" feeling to it... Not very relaxing and over priced IMHO.

I always run out of time too! On my last 2 cruises they had the massage chair and whirlpool bath. I guess it was a little out in the open - kind of off to the side, and I was able to look out the windows - granted we were still in port so not the most picturesque view! The cost was around 50 once you were done with the tip - and of course watch out for the giant product push.

I had one on the Fantasy cruise I just took on 01/01/09. It cost $65 plus tip. I didn't ask for anything special, just a regular pedicure. They did have massage chairs and did soak my feet in a whirlpool first. She also put all kinds of creams and products on my legs and feet, and massaged them a little. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the replies..... cost seems to be about what the going spa rate is ($50ish), but without the chair and whirlpool, it's just not fun. It sounds like some ships might have them, others don't. Since I'm sailing the Ecstasy (ie, old ship), I guess I'll have to carve out some time before I go.

Archived