~*~Possible CC group cruise NCL Jewel Feb/Mar 2010~*~

VTislandGrl

Well I hope we get some good rates. I know Carnival seems to get a ton of perks, maybe we can get some good fortune our way since we have a decent crowd starting up. I think more will jump on board when we do get some official news.

dzny - did you take that pic? Reminds me a lot of pulling into port at Antigua. Love it - thanks for sharing.

Hi All -

Sorry I haven't posted too much the past few days. I finally made it out of the ice storm in the Midwest and got back home. We've got LOTS of new snow here too! And more on the way :(

Today has NOT been a good day...got into a car accident this morning :eek: Our snowbanks here are over 6 feet high in some places, so apparently the other car couldn't see and pulled out into the intersection. It wasn't pretty! I'm ok, just shaken up & bruised...but my SUV is another story.:(

DW & I sail on Pearl Feb 1. Our first cruise. if we enjoy it we may make the Family Jewels cruise a family affair and bring along DD13, DD10 & DS7.

We'll see how things go next week (I'm expecting a wonderful time). Hopefully by our return you'll have pricing. I fully intend to make our $250 deposit on board.

dave

Welcome Dave! Hope you have a great trip on the Pearl...let us know all about it when you get back!

I know it's not that you aren't trying VtislandGrl :) You are doing a great job of making the waiting fun. I'm just whining because there is too much snow, and I want to book another cruise!

Here's a little view of Roatan....

I know how you feel about too much snow!!!

Roatan looks very lush and beautiful...can't wait :D

Hi All -

Sorry I haven't posted too much the past few days. I finally made it out of the ice storm in the Midwest and got back home. We've got LOTS of new snow here too! And more on the way :(

Today has NOT been a good day...got into a car accident this morning :eek: Our snowbanks here are over 6 feet high in some places, so apparently the other car couldn't see and pulled out into the intersection. It wasn't pretty! I'm ok, just shaken up & bruised...but my SUV is another story.:(

Oh No VT - that is horrible. Hope you are ok. Remeber the car can be replaced, a great CC leader can not! Hey, I thought you yankees knew how to drive in the snow! ;) Kidding - glad you are ok.

I have been missing this weekend trying to tie up some loose ends on our Mexico Trip. I have been spending time on those boards instead of this one. Anyway, maybe this week will bring us luck and good fortune - as in PRICING!

Oh No VT - that is horrible. Hope you are ok. Remeber the car can be replaced, a great CC leader can not! Hey, I thought you yankees knew how to drive in the snow! ;) Kidding - glad you are ok.

I have been missing this weekend trying to tie up some loose ends on our Mexico Trip. I have been spending time on those boards instead of this one. Anyway, maybe this week will bring us luck and good fortune - as in PRICING!

LOL SOME of us do!!!:p

I'm with you...I hope we get some pricing this week!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
LOL SOME of us do!!!:p

I'm with you...I hope we get some pricing this week!!!!!!

I can no longer wait and I am not surprised.This is one of the reasons I hate dealing in anything when Crucon is involved.They are slow and even slower and when there is a problem its like pulling teeth.:mad:

I have chosen one of the other weeks and have cancelled the other two.

Have a good cruise and good luck with Crucon.If I did business like they did I would be out of business.:rolleyes:

How difficult is it to get pricing?I can go on the NCL website and book a cruise in 10 minutes.

Take care

Steve

I can no longer wait and I am not surprised.This is one of the reasons I hate dealing in anything when Crucon is involved.They are slow and even slower and when there is a problem its like pulling teeth.:mad:

I have chosen one of the other weeks and have cancelled the other two.

Have a good cruise and good luck with Crucon.If I did business like they did I would be out of business.:rolleyes:

How difficult is it to get pricing?I can go on the NCL website and book a cruise in 10 minutes.

Take care

Steve

Hi Steve - I have to say, I don't blame you one bit!!! I do not want anyone here to think that I dropped the ball or just went MIA:o. I have done everything I feel I could & was expected to do. I have not received a response to the last several emails I sent to CC. The last thing I rec'd said that our date was OK and they would send pricing the following week. It has now been well over a month and nothing. I've asked when I could expect to receive the pricing twice since then and didn't even get a reply back either time. I'm not sure if they think our group is not large enough or what?! But you'd think they would email back and let us know that rather than just blowing us all off!!!:mad: I never did receive pricing and I'm not holding out much hope anymore either. I have NO CLUE what the problem up is - like you said, you can get the pricing right on NCL's website, so whats the deal? In any case, I'm sorry to let you guys down...I'm let down also:( I hope that no one holds this against me as I really did try and wanted this group cruise to work out. DH and I are sailing on the Carnival Freedom next weekend (WOO HOO! :D) and after we get back from that we will decide what we are definitely going to do next year. We may very well still book this Jewel cruise, but we will do so on our OWN, like many of you already have. Happy Cruising to all of you!

Yeah, count me out for the group as well. It's hard enough for me to relinquish control of my booking as it is (I'm a control freak - what can I say?) and the way this has been handled just reinforces my distrust :p

VtIslandgirl, you have done the best you could, and this doesn't reflect on you at all! Have a wonderful time on the Freedom, and maybe our cruising paths will cross in the future! I can highly recommmend the Jewel :)

I'll be on the Sky for a quickie March 2, so I am getting my cruise fix for now!

Im really sad at the way this was handled (Not by VT but other parties involved). I mean they basically gave the green light and then dropped the ball...:confused::confused::confused::confused:! VT enjoy your upcoming cruise - and maybe we can join up on a cruise in the future...call it the unofficial family jewels cruise...haha. Thanks for trying your hardest VT.

Hi Steve - I have to say, I don't blame you one bit!!! I do not want anyone here to think that I dropped the ball or just went MIA:o. I have done everything I feel I could & was expected to do. I have not received a response to the last several emails I sent to CC. The last thing I rec'd said that our date was OK and they would send pricing the following week. It has now been well over a month and nothing. I've asked when I could expect to receive the pricing twice since then and didn't even get a reply back either time. I'm not sure if they think our group is not large enough or what?! But you'd think they would email back and let us know that rather than just blowing us all off!!!:mad: I never did receive pricing and I'm not holding out much hope anymore either. I have NO CLUE what the problem up is - like you said, you can get the pricing right on NCL's website, so whats the deal? In any case, I'm sorry to let you guys down...I'm let down also:( I hope that no one holds this against me as I really did try and wanted this group cruise to work out. DH and I are sailing on the Carnival Freedom next weekend (WOO HOO! :D) and after we get back from that we will decide what we are definitely going to do next year. We may very well still book this Jewel cruise, but we will do so on our OWN, like many of you already have. Happy Cruising to all of you!

Its not you.Its Crucon!

They are one of the TAs I hope go under.Their customer service is garbage.

Steve

Awww thanks guys - that makes me feel better ;) I was starting to feel really bummed about the whole thing. It is just a frustrating situation.

dznymom - I totally agree that the way this has been handled makes me very leery about booking anything through them. We will book on our own if we end up going.

I will be sure to hop on over to the roll call if we do book. Maybe some of us will still get to meet up afterall :) for the Unofficial Family Jewels cruise LOL

• 1 month later...
Awww thanks guys - that makes me feel better ;) I was starting to feel really bummed about the whole thing. It is just a frustrating situation.

dznymom - I totally agree that the way this has been handled makes me very leery about booking anything through them. We will book on our own if we end up going.

I will be sure to hop on over to the roll call if we do book. Maybe some of us will still get to meet up afterall :) for the Unofficial Family Jewels cruise LOL

So did they ever get you the pricing?

Just curious as to how lousy they really are.:D

Steve

Archived