Vacation in Belixe?

leadout_kv

Anyone have experience with vacationing in Belize for 7 days or so? My DW, DD6 and I are considering taking a vacation to Belize and forgoing our cruise.

Looking mostly for resorts 3 to 5 star rated. I saw that the SunBreeze Hotel looks pretty nice. Anyone have experience with it or other nice resorts?

Thanks

Anyone have experience with vacationing in Belize for 7 days or so? My DW, DD6 and I are considering taking a vacation to Belize and forgoing our cruise.

Looking mostly for resorts 3 to 5 star rated. I saw that the SunBreeze Hotel looks pretty nice. Anyone have experience with it or other nice resorts?

Thanks

Belize is beautiful... I would be certain that you stay on either Ambergris Caye (kinda like a mini Miami) or Caye Caulker (very laid back.....)

We've been to Belize twice during cruise stops but thanks to a great AA airfare sale a month or so back we'll be spending a week on Ambergris Cay in April at Belize Legacy Resort (timeshare exchange). We had planned on splitting our stay between Placencia, which gets great reviews, and Caye Caulker but when the timeshare exchange opportunity came up we decided to forego that plan since it would save us significant $ to do the exchange...I'm a little bummed about Placencia because we would have been there during whale shark season so we'll miss out on a fantastic snorkeling opportunity but I know we'll have a great time on AC, plus AC is much closer to the reef, supposedly we can kayak to it from the resort. My BIL and SIL spent 10 days in Placencia two years ago and loved it, so much so that they seriously considered moving to Belize...until their first grandchild came.:)

The Belize forums on trip advisor is a good place to look for recommendations on places to stay.

Archived