Need advice for Roatan with a 2 year old..

bobo5551

Hi all. DH and I are taking our 2 year old for her first cruise in a few weeks. Not sure what to do in Roatan. Fins and Flippers sounds okay, but the beach itself doesn't sound great. I hear that Gumbalimba Park is not really an option other than through the cruiseline. Any advice from anyone? Thanks a bunch!

You may also want to check out another guide service RoatanbyMarty. Marty Robin is one of the guys that runs it but he also loves to take people on tours. Marty is a great guide, (one of the best). He was borne in Roatan, so he can tailor a tour to your desires. He's been in the tour business for more than 20yrs but has just recently branched out with his own company. My wife and I were in Roatan Feb 2008. I told him what I wanted, even at the spur of the moment, it couldn't have been any better. He took us to a place called Half Moon Bay. The tranquility, the snorkeling, the food and the nice area to sit down and relax without being rushed by a multitude of vendors, and very reasonble price $25pp. I don't rcall the price for children, if any. IT WAS GREAT!! We're going back again this FEB 24 2009. Hope you have a fantastic time, what ever you do.

Happy Cruising!

rh14k

We actually took our 2 year old (25 months at the time) on the Cave Tubing with Yhony excursion. There weren't a ton of kids, but DH is a strong swimmer and put her on his stomach in the tube. Wish I had a pic, but it was only on our water camera and scanner is broken. She actually fell asleep in the caves! She really struggled with the cruise in general, but I'll tell you, Roatan was one of our best days - probably because of the relaxing tubing and her falling asleep in Daddy's arms :) . It's not right for everyone but really worked for us. Warning...someone will have to carry them along the walkway to the tubes, not an easy walk. DH had to put her on his shoulders most of the time.

Archived