Transfers from Anchorage to Whittier

cozzello

It was about 2 hours-2 hours 15 min. You can take a cab... only 15-20 minute ride fro the airport. I would check into the times though, as I recall my train leaving at 10:30 or so. If your flight is later than the last train, you may need to book the Princess transfer.

Just FYI - at least in July of this year - the train transfer w/baggage went from the Princess dock in Whittier to ANC airport (there is an train depot right in the airport...check-out an ANC airport map). Passengers then could either depart by air or take busses provided by Princess to the Egan Convention Center in downtown Anchorage to claim luggage. The Egan Center is located right downtown so it is close to everything. Also - for most of the hotels shuttle service is provided to/from the hotels. Of course the reverse process was also available by Princess from the Egan Convemtion Center using the bus transfer to the Airport Train Depot...then to the train and on to Whittier. Luggage was handled by Princess in a separate vechicle to the train - and claimed in Whittier. IMO - the train was a great way to go. BTW - Check the Ports Area under Alaska for lots of info on this subject. Hope this helps. SeaFish

Archived