We're back!

1sttimer2009

This was my first cruise on the Holiday 1/3/08 the embark was long b/c the ship could not pull in due to fog. Not Carnival's fault. We just had to load into the ship around 5pm. We sat in the terminal since 12:00pm. We got on the boat and the rooms were ready later don't know what time didnt seem long we were in the Dining room. Didn't like the food much but the breakfast was great Looooveed the fruit and Omelets. Saw 1 show it was good, played bingo DH won a T-Shirt, won 100 on the nickel machine, the Last Day the boat rocked and rocked all day barf bags were out and I took motion sickness meds and stayed sick all day. DH had it bad. Disembark was swift no problems. I loved how everything was so organized while on the ship the people were so nice, I enjoyed the cruise overall will cruise again. They say there was 450 kids onboard didn't see but a handfull b/c Sat night some were on the elevator and had pressed all the numbers to stop on every floor, they were tweens just bored wanting to entertain themselves. The few bumps were not Carnivals fault. DH doesn't like to fly so we might go out of NO the next time.

Sorry for the book...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your first Cruise! Most of all you didn't let the little things bother you a lot. Way to go! :D I'd suggest maybe trying the Fantasy either while she's in NO or after she moves to Mobile. It's the next class up than the Triumph from NO, you'll be ready for the "big" ship experience. :) As the larger Ships can be a bit overwhelming but they are so much fun-Fun-FUN!

Archived