NCL STAR/2010 Winter Olympics

freestylecruizer

Did a search on CC and can't find this. Did anyone pick up on this story?

http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=1156459

It appears that the NCL STAR will be moured in North Vancouver for the duration of the Olympics in Feb 2010. Not a great place to be moured unless you want a view of a sulpher pile (depending on what side your room will be on). The prices are steep. 2 nights for approx. $2300 for an inside. Yikes! However, who knows because ncl.com is still showing bookings available for the Feb 2010 timeframe that the Olympics are on.

This thread will probably be pulled.

Ya it has been the word for awhile even though NCL still has yet to confirm anything. There are rumours of some other cruise ships coming to do the same. I also believe that the RCMP and media will each have a cruise ship as well...one of them to be docked at Ballantyne. Nothing 100% concrete has been released yet but I am sure it will all come to light soon.

Ya it has been the word for awhile even though NCL still has yet to confirm anything. There are rumours of some other cruise ships coming to do the same. I also believe that the RCMP and media will each have a cruise ship as well...one of them to be docked at Ballantyne. Nothing 100% concrete has been released yet but I am sure it will all come to light soon.

I heard that the RCMP ships will be docked by the Lonsdale Quay in North Van..

The fact that they are now mentioning a defacto ship now (the Star) makes this much more interesting.

I spoke with the executive assistant to the CEO regarding this matter the other day. I was upset because I was allowed to book for Feb 2010 which is when the Star should be in Vancouver.

I must say I was very impressed with her professionalism regarding this matter but she did inform me nothing has been finalized despite the fact that reservations are being taken.

I was also advised we would be given ample notice to change sailings so for now we are expecting to change but just waiting for the official notice

I spoke with the executive assistant to the CEO regarding this matter the other day. I was upset because I was allowed to book for Feb 2010 which is when the Star should be in Vancouver.

I must say I was very impressed with her professionalism regarding this matter but she did inform me nothing has been finalized despite the fact that reservations are being taken.

I was also advised we would be given ample notice to change sailings so for now we are expecting to change but just waiting for the official notice

If you do have to change your trip, come on back to the Caribbean with us! I may be out of credit card purgatory by then and get to book another cruise! And my next ship will have the Great Outdoors again!

Troy you know I'm always ready for the Carribean. Was actually thinking about changing from the Mexican Riveria to another carribean sailing. We havent seen Samana or Tortola yet so that's a possibility

I'm still in credit card purgatory... :( just keep me updated, but don't plan with us in mind.

Plus we're at the stage with a 15 year old kid that doesn't want to cruise unless we also bring four of her closest friends along (not happening) -- but no Grandmas in good enough health to stay home with her while we cruise.

Wish they had boarding kennels for teenagers. :rolleyes:

Archived