NCL Kids Club

TupeloHoney

I've read on here that on some ships you can take your little one into the kids club to play, even if they are too young to be in the program. Anyone know if you can do that on NCL? Our son will be about 15 months on our cruise in March on the Jewel. Thanks!

We were just on the Jewel and in our daily it would have "Under 2 Zoo". It was where a parent could go in and play with their child. It isn't in the same room as the other kids but a different area with toys appropriate for under 2. HTH :)

The "under 2 zoo" is not great, but at least they do have something. Basically just a meeting room with some pretty crummy toys thrown in. It's a good place to let your kids let off some steam, though, and hopefully meet other kids.

On Princess, they let you bring in your kids regardless of age as long as you stay with them. I have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old and they loved it. It worked great for our 2.5 year old that we were there, too (he's not in daycare and has food allergies so we were all more comfortable with one of us staying).

We love NCL, but this is a huge plus for us on Princess. If they sailed more out of the Northeast, we would sail Princess all the time (at least until the kids are older).

We went on NCL the Star in October 2006, our DD was 15 months old at the time. The under 2 program was in a little room with no supervision/teachers so we had to stay in it with her. Which was fine with us:) It was a nice time, she enjoyed being able to run around and explore a little more than she could on deck. It was great on the sea days too:)

The "under 2 zoo" is not great, but at least they do have something. Basically just a meeting room with some pretty crummy toys thrown in.

Totally agree. We sailed on the Jewel and I was very disappointed.

On Princess, they let you bring in your kids regardless of age as long as you stay with them. I have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old and they loved it. It worked great for our 2.5 year old that we were there, too (he's not in daycare and has food allergies so we were all more comfortable with one of us staying).

Same with Disney. Good to know Princess has a similar policy with the larger kids' club facilities! I'll have to look into them. We went to the much touted kids' club on the NCL Jewel since DS1 was old enough for the youngest group at that point. Having sailed on the Disney Magic the previous year, the NCL kids' club room looked so sad -- way smaller and less fun looking. And the one night we tried a theme night (and I can't recall what now) there were few kids with a counselor in a small room doing nothing much. We left. I think those who rave about NCL's kids' club facilities have never been on a Disney cruise.

Archived