Bering Sea Crab Fishermen tour

Coco421

Does the coupon have a limit on how many "buy one get one" for this excursion? I'm asking because there are 4 of us.

I checked the coupon and there is no language as to a lmiit but I would check with the vendor to confirm this. One option is to buy a used coupon book, if your cruise is later in the season. Or, if your cruise is early in the season, re-sell a new book you purchase. That way you could save a couple of dollars.

We did it and loved it. In my signature there are links to my review of the excursion, and to our photos of it. We're big fans of the show, but even folks who hadn't ever seen it had a great time on our excursion. We got to hold/touch all kinds of sealife, learned a lot about the work done by those who help bring seafood to our tables (the hosts on this excursion have all "been there, done that" on the Bering Sea), got some nifty photos -- just had a wonderful outing on the Aleutian Ballad.

Here's a link to their website for information on booking it independently -- http://56degreesnorth.com/ -- and also for video, photos, and pricing info. I do not believe there is any discount for booking it independently, and I think all passengers are charged the same price.

Wow, I must truly say you have some great photos of your Alaska Vacations...actually gives me ideas of what I want to do and see.

You must be going on Princess. They vharge more than all the other cruise lines!

I don't know...our Princess sailing docks in Ketchikan for 6am thru 12pm. The tour is 4 hours. And Ketchikan is the best port for shopping (which don't open at 6am, either). Doesn't seem like there's enough time to do this excursion and anything else.

I would do the excursion and skip shopping or just shop for what ever time you have before boarding the ship. . But that's me, my thinking is I can shop here at home anytime:)

But as Michelle said it's all what you want to do.

For me, it's not so much shopping as it is seeing around town. With that limited time in port, I would be just as happy giving my wife the $400 we would have spent on Bering Sea and let her shop with it. Ketchikan is the best port for shopping. Juneau and Skagway have 13- and 9-hour docking periods, so we don't have to choose between seeing town or doing an excursion.

FYI - I just booked this tour today and used a 2-for-1 coupon in the Alaska Toursaver book. I was able to book directly even though we're arriving on a Princess ship. Saved a lot of money this way. There's been a lot a great feedback on this tour and we're really excited to be going!

I see you will be sailing on the Coral Princess. We will be on the Coral also for a B2B. Are you going Northbound or Southbound? What time did you book? Was there more than 1 time to choose from for your time in port?

I just ordered my Toursaver book yesterday. With 2 times in Ketchikan, I definitely want to do this one and save some $.

I see you will be sailing on the Coral Princess. We will be on the Coral also for a B2B. Are you going Northbound or Southbound? What time did you book? Was there more than 1 time to choose from for your time in port?

I just ordered my Toursaver book yesterday. With 2 times in Ketchikan, I definitely want to do this one and save some $.

We're going Northbound and we'll only be in Ketchikan until 2:00 p.m. When I made the reservation, Danene said my tour time was 8:30 - 12:00. I think they have an afternoon trip as well but obviously that didn't fit our schedule. That is using up most all of our time in Ketchikan but this is something we both really want to do! We would have done this without the TourSaver coupon but were glad we were able to save some serious money.

We just booked this excursion today with Danene. She was very nice and very helpful! They have a limited amount of spots available using the 2 for 1 coupon from Tour Savers. The cruise lines take up alot of the spots. For our date of May 25, there were 12 spots available for using the coupon. I booked 4 spots so now there are 8 spots left. I would highly recommend the Tour Saver book.....even if you only use it for this one excursion you will be ahead. We are using it for several things so its a no brainer! We are really looking forward to this excursion....have heard wonderful things about it but not sure we would spend all the money if it were not for the 2 for 1. The coupon book saved us $169.00 just for this one excursion!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
We just booked this excursion today with Danene. She was very nice and very helpful! They have a limited amount of spots available using the 2 for 1 coupon from Tour Savers. The cruise lines take up alot of the spots. For our date of May 25, there were 12 spots available for using the coupon. I booked 4 spots so now there are 8 spots left. I would highly recommend the Tour Saver book.....even if you only use it for this one excursion you will be ahead. We are using it for several things so its a no brainer! We are really looking forward to this excursion....have heard wonderful things about it but not sure we would spend all the money if it were not for the 2 for 1. The coupon book saved us $169.00 just for this one excursion!!!!!!!

Let us know how you liked this excursion.

As far as the 2 for 1... You said you booked 4 spots so basically with the coupon you're only paying 3 spots correct? Or are you only purchasing 2 and getting the other 2 with coupon?

I did this excursion last Aug 2008 and LOVED it! I'm a fan of "Deadliest Catch" and was fascinated with the whole excursion. The crew was awesome, friendly, and interesting! Along with Captain David and Danene, there was Kiwi and Chief who were on my tour and even posed for pics with the passengers.

GO! You'll love it....it was well worth it!:D

I have a few photos on a little travel blog I did while on the cruise. If you'd like to see them click on the day for Ketchikan, here's the link:

http://mytripjournal.com/SueBeesAlaskaCruise2008

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with OVERTIME4ME2. The Aleutian Ballad shore excursion in Ketchikan was our personal favorite of our Alaska cruise in early June 2008. This excursion is a MUST if you are a fan of Deadliest Catch. You will never forget the multitude of experiences – the initial pots being brought up just like on the show; the opportunity to hold a live 8 lb. King crab (looked and felt like it was 20 lbs. to my wife and I); more bald eagles in the wild at one location than you will ever see in your lifetime (don’t forget a camera); the heartfelt, life-changing stories that each crew member shares with you about their livelihood in the Bering Sea. It’s truly a lasting memory of Alaska.

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked this tour this weekend. We were not going to but with all the research and positive comments we decied to go ahead and book it.

We are on the NCL Pearl, will we have any time to do a little dshopping in town after the tour?

Thanks

So apparently you could book directly through them? On their website they say if you come by cruise ship you need to book through the ship. I will hopefully have 2 coupons so wasn't sure how that would work. Did they say you needed the whole book or could you just bring the coupons?? That is the only way I would consider taking this excursion. Just way too expensive.

So apparently you could book directly through them? On their website they say if you come by cruise ship you need to book through the ship. I will hopefully have 2 coupons so wasn't sure how that would work. Did they say you needed the whole book or could you just bring the coupons?? That is the only way I would consider taking this excursion. Just way too expensive.

I booked directly with them and I told them I was on the Coral Princess. They do have a limited number of seats on each trip that can be booked with the Toursaver coupon. You can not remove the coupons from the Toursaver book ahead of time. I guess this is an attempt to keep people from sharing books and splitting up coupons among several people. However, some people do sell the books after they have finished with them as long as the buyer knows what coupons are left in the book and there is still time for him to use the coupons.

I booked directly with them and I told them I was on the Coral Princess. They do have a limited number of seats on each trip that can be booked with the Toursaver coupon. You can not remove the coupons from the Toursaver book ahead of time. I guess this is an attempt to keep people from sharing books and splitting up coupons among several people. However, some people do sell the books after they have finished with them as long as the buyer knows what coupons are left in the book and there is still time for him to use the coupons.

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I needed to know. Have a wonderful trip!

Would this tour work for someone confined to a wheelchair?

I'd e-mail them and ask specifically. 56degreesnorth.com I honestly can't recall anyone with mobility issues on our trip. I do NOT think the bathrooms are wheelchair accessible, but I could be wrong (I think I recall at least one step down to get to the bathrooms). And again, NOT CERTAIN, but I think you need to get up some stairs to get under cover of the roof-thingee.

I'd definitely e-mail them with specific questions.

• 3 weeks later...

We are on the 14 day Alaska Connoisseur aboard the Pacific Princess ,and are told by Princess that the Bering sea crab fisherman tour is unavailable to Pacific Princess passengers.I am dissapointed as this looked like a great tour.Does anyone know why Pacific passengers are excluded?We arrive at 7am and depart at 2pm on June 13,2009.

Thanks,

We are on the 14 day Alaska Connoisseur aboard the Pacific Princess ,and are told by Princess that the Bering sea crab fisherman tour is unavailable to Pacific Princess passengers.I am dissapointed as this looked like a great tour.Does anyone know why Pacific passengers are excluded?We arrive at 7am and depart at 2pm on June 13,2009.

Thanks,

The tour for that date doesn't go out until 1:30pm. :( Sorry.

Archived