Which Port Should I Pick - Help!!

BLACKJACKLADY

I am looking to go on a cruise in may to Bahamas or Caribbean. I have taken cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa. I was wondering about distance from Airport to Cruise Ship. How is Miami, Port Canavaral, Jacksonville - hey I'm willing to go out of Lousiana. I am flying from MA or RI so really I just want to know if any other is as easy an quick as Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks:p

Well- Galveston has frustrated me to bits so I wouldn't recommend that one, especially if there are many people traveling. We had to rent an expensive car for the week to get from the international airport- otherwise it would have cost us about $400 return for the 4 of us. I consider that outrageous and would far rather spend it on the cruise. In San Diego we walked from the train about 2 blocks. It will be a major issue for me should I cruise again.

I am looking to go on a cruise in may to Bahamas or Caribbean. I have taken cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa. I was wondering about distance from Airport to Cruise Ship. How is Miami, Port Canavaral, Jacksonville - hey I'm willing to go out of Lousiana. I am flying from MA or RI so really I just want to know if any other is as easy an quick as Ft. Lauderdale. Thanks:p

This is not the place for this question, so it will probably be moved to the PORTS Category....but I have found it equally as easy sailing out of Miami and Port Canaveral as Ft. Lauderdale. I've never sailed out of J'ville so I can't answer for that one. :D

We fly from RI nonstop on South West to FLL!

Even if we are cruising out of MIA we still fly into FLL and hire a car to take us to MIA, it's about a 40 minute ride.

Also have flown into MCO from RI to cruise from Port Canaveral.

We really like cruising from FLL and can't beat the nonstop flights!

FLL airport is MUCH closer to Port Everglades than FLL or MIA are to Port of Miami, and it is such a nice airport. Port Everglades also seems to be much more organized in terms of quick boarding. But Port of Miami has additional choices, especially for Bahamas cruising.

Archived