Balcony on the Dawn

Leigh-Anne V

Hi Everyone,

We have a balcony room booked on the Dawn this March. We are travelling with our daughter, and were just wondering if anyone knew if the couch was a pull out couch or not?

It was in our balcony on the 10th floor in 2005!

Yes it does, probably fine for a child, i slept absolutely horrible on it though.

Its the equivelent of one of those flip chairs, the foam ones, just bigger.

When it unfolds, its simply foam on the floor.

Don't mean to burst your bubble, just dont want you expecting an actual sleeper.

no bursting here .... she's only 9 so she'll be fine .... just wanted to check and see if it did pull out or not. Now that we know it sort of blocks the door we'll probably put her to bed in our bed while we sit outside, then pull it out ourselves and move her over

61 days :) lol

Your daughter will love it. Our twelve year-old daughter had a blast. Just stow your bags under the bed, put your clothes away in the closet and drawers, and you'll have plenty of room! The table by the door is not enough of an annoyance to take away from the magnificent views you'll have from your balcony! Enjoy your cruise, the Dawn is fabulous. The hardest part about your trip will be adjusting to being waited on by the fabulous crew. Our seventh cruise, by far the best!

I slept on the sofa bed, w/o a problem. When my sisters and I shared a balcony room on our Dawn cruise, I said I would sleep on it and just asked for egg crate foam to be put on it and I slept like a baby. It was especially nice in the AM, have my cup of tea and roll out of bed on to the balcony. It should not be a problem at all. Enjoy the cruise, the room, the service, everything.:D

oh, I am SO looking forward to the balcony! Our first cruise was carnival with an oceanview, then we were royal caribbean with an inside, this cruise in March is our first balcony ... going to be hard going back to a regular room for Alaska in August!

I'm trying to tempt hubby with an upgrade to a mini suite but I think I might have to save that for upgrade for a balcony in Alaska!

oh, I am SO looking forward to the balcony! Our first cruise was carnival with an oceanview, then we were royal caribbean with an inside, this cruise in March is our first balcony ... going to be hard going back to a regular room for Alaska in August!

I'm trying to tempt hubby with an upgrade to a mini suite but I think I might have to save that for upgrade for a balcony in Alaska!

You must have a balcony while cruise Alaska!! You will be sorry if you don't. My all time favorite cruise was Alaska. Sis and I took our mom for her 75th. Thinking about next year with hubby. Only place he's never been. lol

I've had inside, port hole, picture window but now that I've gotten a taste of a balcony there is no going back. lol I was planning on going for a mini-suite for this next trip but wound up with a penthouse and boy are we excited!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there are amenities in the bathroom or should I bring our own shampoo, soap etc? I've seen conflicting reports so I'm always scared not to bring it and find out I have to pay ship prices for them and things like toothpaste etc.

thanks! :) 47 days .... yes I'm counting!!

Does anyone know if there are amenities in the bathroom or should I bring our own shampoo, soap etc? I've seen conflicting reports so I'm always scared not to bring it and find out I have to pay ship prices for them and things like toothpaste etc.

thanks! :) 47 days .... yes I'm counting!!

Hand soap dispenser by the bathroon sink. A shower cap. Hand lotion. Two glasses.

In the shower, liquid bath soap and shampoo / conditioner mix in a dispenser. On the Pear two weeks ago, the soap had a strong smell to it. We prefer bar soap, so we brought our own. I have read here that several people did not like the provided shampoo/conditioner, but I did not try it (again, we brought our own).

Remember the 3 oz restriction on airline carryone liquids if bringing your own.

No toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.

thanks, I'll probably bring a small thing of everything then just to be on the safe side. Usually I'll bring almost empty bottles so that at the end of the trip I can leave them and have more room to bring things back :D

If you are flying to your destination port remember the 3-1-1 rule. Partially empty bottles of shampoo or whatever will not cut it with TSA.

-1-1 for carry-ons = 3 ounce bottle or less (by volume) ; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3 oz. container size is a security measure.

Consolidate bottles into one bag and X-ray separately to speed screening.

Be prepared. Each time TSA searches a carry-on it slows down the line. Practicing 3-1-1 will ensure a faster and easier checkpoint experience.

3-1-1 is for short trips. If in doubt, put your liquids in checked luggage

Enjoy the Dawn and cruise thoroughly.

Neverthought

Archived