The Boatyard - cost

sns1

We were at The Boatyard in January '08 and the price was $15pp and that included entrance, one alcoholic drink each, a beach chair (umbrella was an additional $5) and they also gave you a bracelet for return taxi to cruise ship. The place is pretty cool and there's lot of water-activities here

Just keep in mind that the Boatyard is more geared towards younger people, kids through 20's....

We were at the Boatyard this past Thursday, and yes, it's definitely geared toward a younger crowd. If you don't mind hearing loud music on the beach, then you should have a good time. My DH and I are in our late 40's and it didn't bother us. And as others have said, it's $15 for a drink, chair and shuttle back to the pier. We didn't have to pay for an umbrella-we were told "first come, first served". Also, there's food and large restrooms. Taxi for 2 from the pier, including tip, was $6.

Have fun!

Funny I should stumble on this thread today. I e-mailed The Boatyard yesterday to ask about prices and here is the response I received:

Thanks for your email, here at The Boat Yard we offer a great Beach Package.

The cost is US$15 per adult and 10us for kids under 12 years of age and includes the following:

A FREE welcome drink, unlimited use of the beach chairs, restrooms, showers, changing rooms, use of Non-motorised water sports like the Iceberg Slide, Ocean Trampolines, Rope Swing, there is also a Bar and a Restaurant that make up part of our Facility. Shared umbrellas are also included whuile stocks lasts.

Transportation back to the Cruise Ship terminal is free of charge; our shuttles start at 1pm and go every 15 minutes until 4.30. You are issued a wristband which allows you to go in and out of the property as you wish; this has to be worn at all times.

Reservations are not required and we open at 9am, we are about 7-10 minutes drive from the Cruise Terminal by taxi. If you would like to arrange pickup which is free of charge, just let us know the time and number of persons. We meet at the Round-A-Bout outside the Port Gate.

Motorised water activities as well as snorkeling are also available for rental on the beach.

Jet skis are roughly around 50us for 1/2 hour, Snorkeling about 15us per person and parasailing about 60us per person these however are operated by independent persons on the beach.

The Boatyard also offers a Catamaran Lunch Cruise daily from 9.30am to 2.30pm. It's a 5 hour cruise that includes food, unlimited drinks, two snorkel stops one which allows you to swim with turtles and another over an active wreck and reef, which provide lots of fun for the" water enthusiasts"

or total relaxation for those who prefer to "just get away from it all" and be pampered. Adults are 75us and kids 12 and under are 38us each.

Reservations are required for this trip and you can do so by email or if you prefer our telephone numbers are 246 228-8142 / 246 826-4448.

Does anyone know if they will store your luggage?

At the end of our trip, Windsurf docks very early morning and we were considering hanging out there for a few hours before our 3:30 pm flight.

Any other ideas how to spend a few hours in Barbados with our luggage? (taxi tour that could then drop us at the airport?)

Linda

Does anyone know if they will store your luggage?

At the end of our trip, Windsurf docks very early morning and we were considering hanging out there for a few hours before our 3:30 pm flight.

Any other ideas how to spend a few hours in Barbados with our luggage? (taxi tour that could then drop us at the airport?)

Linda

Received an email response from the Boatyard - they told me they can check luggage. Linda

we ewnt to the boatyard on jan 21. we had a blast, we are in our early 30's. the music was nice. the bikini contest was entertaining along with the beer chugging contest was funny too. the cost was great. drink prices were reasonable. my husband drank a ton all day and his bar tab was sooooooooooooo low. we want to go back to barbados for a week for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how crowded this area gets. We have seen beaches on Cayman where the cruise folks are herded over and the beach chairs are lined up one next to the other. It sounds fun, but we do not want to be crammed in. thanks

I just emailed them last month and here is the reply they sent - sounds pretty good to me.

The cost is US$15 per adult and 10us for kids under 12 years of age and includes the following:

A FREE welcome drink, unlimited use of the beach chairs, restrooms, showers,changing rooms, use of Non-motorised water sports like the Iceberg Slide,Ocean Trampolines, Rope Swing, there is also a Bar and a Restaurant thatmake up part of our Facility. Shared umbrellas are also included whuile

stocks lasts.

Transportation back to the Cruise Ship terminal is free of charge; our shuttles start at 1pm and go every 15 minutes until 4.30. You are issued a wristband which allows you to go in and out of the property as you wish;this has to be worn at all times.

Reservations are not required and we open at 9am, we are about 7-10 minutes drive from the Cruise Terminal by taxi. If you would like to arrange pickup which is free of charge, just let us know the time and number of persons. We

meet at the Round-A-Bout outside the Port Gate.

Motorised water activities as well as snorkeling are also available for rental on the beach.

Jet skis are roughly around 50us for 1/2 hour, Snorkeling about 15us per person and parasailing about 60us per person these however are operated by independent persons on the beach.

The Boatyard also offers a Catamaran Lunch Cruise daily from 9.30am to

2.30pm. It's a 5 hour cruise that includes food, unlimited drinks, two

snorkel stops one which allows you to swim with turtles and another over an

active wreck and reef, which provide lots of fun for the" water enthusiasts"

or total relaxation for those who prefer to "just get away from it all" and

be pampered. Adults are 75us and kids 12 and under are 38us each.

Reservations are required for this trip and you can do so by email or if you

prefer our telephone numbers are 246 228-8142 / 246 826-4448.

We were there a few years ago. There was a lot of people but not overly crowded because the beach area is pretty big. We have been to malibu beach before and prefer the boatyard. The drinks were good and they didn't skimp on the alcohol. We had a great time.

We were there on 2/13. We had a WONDERFUL time. I'm so glad we decided to go. The weather was outstanding and the place had a mixture of people. Young and old. It was not wild and crazy. They had music playing the entire time and it was nice to listen to. Some vendors on the beach but they really didn't bother you if you didn't want to buy. The food was good and then they drive you back to your ship. All in all, a great beach day. Go for it.

Hi Ocean State. Where did you go on your Serenade of the Seas cruise? My daughter is going with her fiance April 11. They are new to cruising.

Anything else you think they should know about that ship? Did you all get dressed up?

What was the entertainment? Did you eat at Chops or the other restaurant?

marlenewendtch@sbcglobal.net

The prices at The Boatyard are average. Please note that when you see the listed prices on the board.....they are not US dollars. I think the US prices was half of what is listed on the board. Long Island Ice Teas were listed at 18.00 and we decided we wouldn't get a drink until we realized it was not US.

We enjoyed our time there.

Archived