Is there anything to do other than cave tubing?

Megan_Strick

In 2004 we took a tour to Xunautunich Ruins, (I think this is also called Altun Ha, which is the one visited by the ship) and a place called Cahal Pech (means place of ticks) with Belizean Sun Tours, and had a wonderful day, van was very comfortable, ruins beautiful and guide very knowledgeable, full of great info about the ruins and the Country. The cruise lines don't go to Cahal Pech so we had it to ourselves. We used this company again in 06 (cave tubing) and just booked another tour for this April and I highly recommend them. Spoke to one lady on our ship in 06 (also with back problems) who took the ship tour, she had a great time, wonderful guide, but said the bus was very bumpy and hurt her back. This company will work to arrange a tour just for you, other companies mentioned in other posts may do the same, (since I've only used one I can’t vouch for the others) you should send out some emails explaining your problems and interests and see what they offer. Hope this helps!

Archived