Chocolate Melting Cake-Need Recipe...yes "need"

agusto1999

Ok ladies. Now come on...you know all the ladies are looking at this thread....

I would like to make the Warm Melting Chocolate Cake for my bunko ladies next Monday.

I've seen many threads about the subject of recipe. My question is,

who has made it and which recipe is the closest to the real thing?

No guesses, or I think this is it kind of responses, please. I'm hoping someone out there can get me a recipe they've eaten at home.

My husband says if I don't my withdrawl jitters under control, I'll have to sleep in the guest bedroom!

Thanks all! Yes, men can respond too!:rolleyes:

I would like to make the Warm Melting Chocolate Cake for my bunko ladies next Monday.

No guesses, or I think this is it kind of responses, please. I'm hoping someone out there can get me a recipe they've eaten at home.

My husband says if I don't my withdrawl jitters under control, I'll have to sleep in the guest bedroom!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Molten-Chocolate-Cakes-With-Sugar-Coated-Raspberries/Detail.aspx

You need a little bolding in there or you're just going to get tons of recipe links posted from the skimmers. :)

You need a little bolding in there or you're just going to get tons of recipe links posted from the skimmers. :)

Hopefully you weren't referring to me? ;) Because I've both made the recipe and eaten it and read through all the reviews--many of whom claim my posted recipe is quite close.

I found this recipe and made it for my son's birthday a month after our cruise this summer. We all thought it was perfect........only thing missing was our fabulous waiter serving us!

1 1/3 cup sifted Flour

1 1/2 cup Sugar

3 1/3 stick Butter

2 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate (I used Ghiradelli 60% cacao bittersweet chips)

8 Eggs

Butter and flour 10 ramekins

Melt the chocolate and the butter together over low heat.

Blend the eggs, and sugar together and add the the butter-chocolate mixture, then add the flour using a whisk.

Pour into ramekins and leave it for one day in the fridge. (you can keep them in the fridge for several days if you only want to make a few at a time)

Bake in 400 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes outside appears done, but inside is still liquid.

Serve with vanilla ice cream.

OMG ladies! Thanks so much! Darn, if it wasn't ZERO outside and 10 inches of snow....I might head to the grocery NOW.

Guess I'll have to wait till my son goes to school tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.....sweet dreams for meeeeeee!

Hopefully you weren't referring to me? ;) Because I've both made the recipe and eaten it and read through all the reviews--many of whom claim my posted recipe is quite close.

Nope, because you hadn't posted at the time I opened the thread. :) No one had. I've just seen it happen before.

My waitress gave it to me. I made it and it taste the same even though I made it with Hershey dark chocolate and not Lindt that is the one that Carnival uses

Find the mold that they use (white small ones)

Melting Chocolate cake

1lb (16oz) Dark chocolate

1lb butter

10 ea eggs whole

4oz Sugar granulated

5.5oz Flour H&R

Melt the chocolate and the butter

Mix the eggs and sugar and whisk for few minutes, add flour

Add the egg mix to the melted chocolate and mix

Bake directly in the oven at 200 C (392F) for 12 minutes

Note: Make sure that the eggs are at room temperature and chocolate is warm enough while making the mixture

ENJOY!!

Ingredients

1 lb dark chocolate

1 lb butter

10 eggs

1/2 cup plus 4 tbsp sugar

1/2 cup less 4 tbsp flour

pixel.gifMelting Chocolate Cake

We scaled Carnival's recipe down but couldn't help but share it in its original form. Serving 90, it called for 8 pounds of dark chocolate, 8 pounds of butter, 80 eggs, 5 pounds of sugar and 5 pounds of flour! This kitchen-friendly version will make 10 to 12 individual cakes. Make sure that the eggs are at room temperature and chocolate is still warm when combining.

1. Melt the chocolate and butter together.

2. In a seperate bowl, mix the eggs and sugar; whisk for a few minutes, then add the flour.

3. Add the egg mixture to the melted chocolate and mix.

4. Pour the mix into greased individual serving dishes. Bake in the oven at 200 degrees celsius (between 375 and 400 fahrenheit) for 14 minutes.

5. Enjoy warm! Cruise Critic member tinabrn says it's "awesome with ice cream."

Added: 07/05/07

There are all sorts of cruise recipes straight from the cruiselines in the Cruise Critic features section:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=494

Happy Cooking!

but I'll admit, I made the chocolate melting cake about a year ago, and it tasted like a chocolate omelette. I think it's a lot of egg... not as good as onboard!

Thanks for this post! Our family was just on the Spirit Christmas cruise, and the whole family was "in love" with this dessert! My grandson had at least one every day. They even served them in the buffet. Actually we thought pretty much everything was very good on that ship both in the buffet and dining room. The variety of desserts was IMO probably the best of any of our 20+ cruises on many cruise lines.

I have made this recipe several times.

I got this recipe from the Glory chef last April. He had a cooking demo in the Emerald Room I have personally made this recipe. It is yummy!!! One trick - watch the time for baking. I found 18 minutes to be perfect in my oven. The top will puff and fall when they are removed from the oven. If you bake them too long they get very solid, like a spongy cupcake.

Warm chocolate meling cake

semi-sweet chocolate 8 oz.

butter 8 oz.

fresh eggs 7

sugar 3 oz.

flour 2 oz.

Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler. Mix half the eggs and sugar. Whisk for a few minutes, then add the flour. Add the balance of the eggs. Add egg mixture to the melted chocolate mixture. Pour the mixture in the ramekin cups. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven (I put mine on a baking sheet.) for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream. This recipe made 10 cups. The unbaked batter can be refrigerated for one week. Make what you want and store the rest in the frig for another day!! Enjoy!!!

• 3 months later...

8 oz Hershey Special Dark Choc Chips

8 oz salted butter

5 eggs (room temp)

5/8 cup sugar

2/3 cup flour

Powdered sugar to dust the top of the finished cakes

Directions:

Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave, 30 secs at a time, stirring in between. In another bowl, mix together eggs and sugar and then add the flour slowly. Slowly wisk in the chocolate/butter mixture.

Pour into greased ramekins. (I use Pyrex 6oz glass ramekins, you could use other types). Bake at 400 oven standard oven, less heat if you're using convection. 12 mins at 400 oven should keep it creamy on the inside.

The bad: I used 400 CONVECTION and it was WAY too hot! There was one teaspoon of liquid inside each cake, and the rest was overcooked, and the tops were slightly burnt.

Next time I am going to use a 375 standard oven for 12 mins and see how it comes out.

The good: Just coming off the Glory only 3 days ago, I consider myself a resident expert at the taste of Carnival's Warm Chocolate Melting Cake. The ingredients in this recipe are right on the mark. I would not substitute anything, especially the dark chocolate chips.

Servings: These quantities made 8 nicely filled 6oz ramekins.

I am going to make half this recipe tonight, four servings. I will post back with the measurements and results.

Here's what I did for four servings:

4 oz Hershey Dark Choc Chips

4 oz salted butter

3 large eggs

1/3 cup sugar

1/3 cup flour

This time, I am baking them at 375 (standard oven, not convection) for 12 minutes, but I am going to keep the light on and watch them through the glass.

Results...........coming soon........

Flem1064---cake should be done and gone by now, how did it turn out? I plan on making this over the weekend and would like to know how it turned out. My recipe is a bit different. Let me know, thanks, kmbb

Flem1064---cake should be done and gone by now, how did it turn out? I plan on making this over the weekend and would like to know how it turned out. My recipe is a bit different. Let me know, thanks, kmbb

Here's what i found out. My recipe taste wise is right on the money. However, the pyrex glass ramekins are doing me in. I think the glass is heating up more than the ceramic would. Last night I baked at 375. After 12 minutes the tops looked soupy, so I kept them in longer. When I pulled them, they looked underdone, but they weren't.

So I think I'm going to have to get ceramic ramekins. Very disappointing. The taste is great, just haven't mastered the baking temp/time yet.

Hey Johnny, I live in Melbourne to! What's your address I'm coming over for a taste test! LOL:p

You would have been disappointed.... ;-) Still working out the kinks in the baking process, but the ingredients are right on.

You would have been disappointed.... ;-) Still working out the kinks in the baking process, but the ingredients are right on.

Thanks for doing the testing. I can't wait to see how you do when you try the ceramic ramekins. Please keep us posted!! :)

My son is begging for WCMC for dessert, and the other day I gave him a betty crocker microwave warm delights Molten Chocolate cake. He said it was no where near as good as the real thing.

Archived