Camp Carnival - Late night party for 9 - 11 year olds

babebutters

I have read about the late night party for 9 - 11 year olds after which the counselors actually walk the kids back to the stateroom.

Does anyone remember if this is a night before a port day or a day at sea? I am really hoping it's before a day at sea, because my 10 year old would love to do it, but it runs until 3:30 am, so I don't see her getting up at 8 am for a shore excursion...

Thanks for any info!

Kathryn

They did it on Thanksgiving night on our cruise and we were in port on that day but they had it more than one night because my son wanted to do it more than once. He had a great time. He got back to the cabin at 3:15am.

SO..they will actually walk your kids back to the cabin. I thought you always had to go and get them and sign them out.

Don't confuse that late night party with the normal late night babysitting from 10pm - late.

The OP is talking about a special night called the "Super Late Night Challenge" (details below on the Belize Day).

Every other night, you will have to pick up your child.

And nope, I haven't done this because I can barely stay up till midnight, let alone 3am. No way would my 9 year old be out past me. ;)

CampCarn-Miracle9-11Pg4.jpg

Don't confuse that late night party with the normal late night babysitting from 10pm - late.

The OP is talking about a special night called the "Super Late Night Challenge" (details below on the Belize Day).

Every other night, you will have to pick up your child.

And nope, I haven't done this because I can barely stay up till midnight, let alone 3am. No way would my 9 year old be out past me. ;)

CampCarn-Miracle9-11Pg4.jpg

Thanks...that is exactly what I was doing. Now I get it!

My sons have done this several times!

They have a BLAST! They play free video games, play Capture the Flag in the Empty Lounge, have Kareoke, Eat Pizza, etc etc....

And yes, they DO get walked back to the cabins.

BUT>>>>

BUT>>>>

BUT>>>>

Be ready for the TIRED, CRANKY, MISERABLE kid you MAY encounter the next day! One year, our son had a difficult time recovering from his night of Fun!!!

I learned my lesson and made sure that we had a nap built in that day, and took it easy the following day.

Catrin

Archived