Publico Question for the local crows

moonstaring

I have another publico question for all you locals PR. Is there a place in Palmer, Rio Grande to catch a publico and take it to Loiza?

OR can you guestamate how much a cab from Rio Mar to Loiza would be?

I think if we can get to Loiza we would be able to take the San Juan Bus C-45 to San Juan

(Staying at the Rio Mar without a car (no drivers licences) and trying to get at least a little of touring done without a lot of money)

Here is my disclaimer: I am not a Publico expert. I know a little bit about them by observing it in my travels and we have had guests who have used the system.

So with my little knowledge of the system, to answer your question- Yes, it is possible.

As you are aware, the Mass Transit "out on the island" is terrible. But it will get you where you want to go eventually.

There is a covered "Parada" (bus stop), right on Rt 3, just to the right (I think) as you walk down from Rio Mar.

There are 2 Publico routes- one that will go to Rio Grande's terminal and one that will go to Loiza. Ask the driver (or other passengers) before getting on. You want to get on the Loiza one. There are signs across the windshield as to where they go, but it is pretty confusing.

At Loiza, you can get on the real buses. Yes, C45 will get you to Isla Verde SJ, but you will need to change buses to A5 get to OSJ.

If you do it on the way back, get on the Publico that is going to Luquillo or Fajardo, not Rio Grande.

There are also Publicos that go the other way, if you want to tour Luquillo/Kiosks or Fajardo.

Archived