Can grandparents pick up/drop off kids from Camp Carnival?

thunderbird1

We're going on a family cruise with our kids, my brother and SIL and their kids, and my dad next year. My brother and SIL would like to go on at least one shore excursion without their kids (ages 5 and 6). I told them that Camp Carnival would be open and they could leave them there. My dad said he would be happy to go by and check on the kids and maybe watch them for part of the day.

As I recall, only parents are allowed to pick up/drop off kids at Camp, and the same parent who drops off must pick up. Am I mistaken, or is there a way my dad could be authorized to drop off and pick up my nephews? TIA!

Thanks for the quick responses! My SIL and brother will be happy to know that grandpa can help out with the boys while they go diving, and grandpa will be happy to know that Camp Carnival will be there to give him a break. I'll make sure that grandpa goes with them to camp registration. Thanks again!

I'll make sure that grandpa goes with them to camp registration. Thanks again!

Actually, he doesn't even have to do that. ;) I had my MIL with us on Carnival. I went to registration with the kids and just put her name on as one of the people who could pick up.

So if Grandpa is busy during registration, he doesn't need to attend. As long as your brother writes grandpa's name on the list, it's good. :)

The last time we cruised on Carnival in 2006, I was not allowed to drop my grandson off. His mother had to drop him off and she could list me as a person to pickup. I would check on this during registration as different ships may be different or they have changed the rules from the last time I went.

I was on the Conquest.

Michelle

Actually, he doesn't even have to do that. ;) I had my MIL with us on Carnival. I went to registration with the kids and just put her name on as one of the people who could pick up.

So if Grandpa is busy during registration, he doesn't need to attend. As long as your brother writes grandpa's name on the list, it's good. :)

Even better! I see from your ticker you'll be sailing again in just about 2 weeks--bon voyage and thanks again!

The last time we cruised on Carnival in 2006, I was not allowed to drop my grandson off. His mother had to drop him off and she could list me as a person to pickup. I would check on this during registration as different ships may be different or they have changed the rules from the last time I went.

I was on the Conquest.

Michelle

Good to know--I was thinking grandpa should do the dropping off, since some kids' clubs (I thought it was Carnival, but it must have been somewhere else) require that the same person who does the dropping off also does the picking up. I'll make sure to check on the policy for our particular ship/sailing.

Archived