Alaska Cruise and Cruisetour pics from May 2008

clueless2

Yes, thank you very much for taking the time to post your photo album! It looks as if you lucked out with the weather:)

Yes we were very lucky. It was cloudy and a little very light mist in Juneau - that was the only precipitation we saw the entire cruisetour.

Was going to the pipeline part of your tour or did you do that on your own? How far outside of Fairbanks was that?

It was part of the Princess Cruisetour we did. It was close to Fairbanks. I don't recall how close. Certainly less than 10 miles. Anyone could see it. It was near a main highway. With a fairly large parking area.

Wow I can hardly wait for May!

what shore tours did you take and which ones were must dos?

thanks

Fairbanks - went to the pipeline, gold mine and took the Riverboat tour (very enjoyable). This was all part of the same tour.

Denali - the mid-May shortened Tunda Wilderness Tour (MUST DO). Hiked on the trails near the visitor center.

Princess McKinnley Lodge - just sat on the deck and enjoyed the views

Skagway - town tour with Soapy Smith show (OK), hiked on the trails near the pier and just walked around town. Skagway is a neat stop (IMHO). A lot of people take the train to the Yukon. We chose not to do that since we'd been on the train from Fairbanks to Whittier.

Juneau - Harv and Marv Whale Watching Tour (included a stop at Mendenhall Glacier) - both MUST DOs

Ketchikan - tour of town and Totem Bright park (OK)

If you're up to it physically I recommend getting out and doing some hiking. We did some walking and some hiking at home before the cruisetour to get in shape for it and we are very glad we did.

Archived