What has your Travel agent done for you????

denali99

I'll tell you what mine just did for me. The 2for1 Alaskan sale on Princess. I was told by about four Princess reps that no,no, no. She was told the same thing many times. I just got an e-mail that I have the reduced rate on my mini-suite on the Star. Only problem is that I have to go from an AC to an AA. Guess I'll just suck it up and deal with it.

Yea, I was a past guest....two day cruise to nowhere back in 2002. Ironically on the inagural cruise for the Star:rolleyes:

This time I am using a group cruisecritic TA, whom I haven't met. So far, so good.

Well good luck with them. They sure don't return my phone calls. I have two cruises booked with them and I just sent them an emai last night detailing their lack of service. But mine are individual bookings and not groups so maybe your service will be better.

Well good luck with them. They sure don't return my phone calls. I have two cruises booked with them and I just sent them an emai last night detailing their lack of service. But mine are individual bookings and not groups so maybe your service will be better.

I've heard the same. We did a group thru them last year (but I used my TA). Some of our original group have contacted them to reserve for a smaller group, not official, in a few months. The people that are trying to book in now are complaining days go by without a response.

Been using my present on line TA for 10 years now. We booked a cruise with a local brick & mortar TA back when the Voyager was new. Balcony cabin [side, first deck of balcs.] at the same price RCL quoted. Had the on line TA recommended to me. Called her, told her I was already booked, but what could she do for me. Aft corner balcony deck 10 for $200.pp LESS than my low down side balc. BOOKED IT. Talked to my son a FEW DAYS later, he wanted to go too. She got the OTHER aft corner balcony, same price. Talked to my sister a few days after that. They wanted to go. TA got the aft balc. next to mine. Son calls, he has 2 couples that would like to go too. TA gets the last 2 aft balcs. on OUR deck, we now have the back of the ship. All at a great savings, and over a month to get everybody committed. The TA has preformed as well since then.

Could a PVP do that? Not on RCL.:D

Dan

Nothing, nada, zip.

Used one once (our first cruise), told her our interests etc, yet it didn't 'fit' us at all. Will never trust a TA to 'spend' money for me again. She didn't go to bat for us when something went drastically wrong with our cruise.

Since then, I research... and book online or direct. I have also checked prices with her a couple of times AFTER I've found what I want. Always more expensive.

Never had a bad cruise since that very first one!

I booked with a travel agent (nameless--my earlier post was removed) they promised nothing would be mailed to our home. As a matter of fact with Carnival she said all documents are done online. I had already recieved and invoice and confirmation to my work email. Of course something was mailed to the house to my husbands attention. He now knows all the details of our trip. I am so angry I want to cry. This was supposed to be a birthday surprise for him. Anyone who wants more info can email me.

I had booked three cruises with this TA. She pulled some fast ones on the third cruise, that is why I don't use one anymore. She is never available and calls back whenever she feels like it. She did usually give us a bottle of wine, one of us doesn't drink wine though. The first time she messed up was getting my dad his military discount. I was told the discount didn't exist and asked where I got that idea. Upon telling her from the Carnival website was told I should not be on the Carnival website, that was what she was for. If I hadn't been on the website I would not have known. Well, thanks to my brother he did get his military discount but we did all the legwork because "she felt awkward with confidential information". (Hmm, now what is a credit card?) We saw that his military docs were faxed to Carnival. Second time, I could tell she was not a happy camper when I made a change of 3 in our cabin to 2. She told me there was a $250 penalty, I knew that. Actually there was a $670 penalty and she could offer no explanation on the discrepancy from my updated cruise receipt, just passed the buck and told me it is not her problem, I need to contact Carnival. Did that, Carnival says they can't discuss, contact my TA. If it had been a little bit more, we would have been in small claims court. Not a thing I can do except write complaint letters to appropriate BBB and Attorney General's office. We ate the loss. She lost a customer in me. I wish I could influence others.

I am cruise savvy enough now that I can book directly with the cruise lines and have no problems with the last three booked. I felt the need to take the middle person out of the picture. I would have to have a really big incentive to go with a TA again, and that is a shame.

My TA has done nothing for me, and when I come back from the Glory in February I am going to switch my next booking to someone new.

My TA told me everything I wanted to hear until he received my booking, then nothing, he then told me to make sure I pushed I wanted on line doc's even though I told him I did not I wanted to do the doc dance and get them in the mail, but he told me I could not it was there new policy, so I ignored him and recived them in the mail, then I asked him to pull strings to be able to have my platnium come up ,for my tenth cruise for my back to back, with me new documents . and he told me he could not I had to go to the pursers office and do that for myself, so no I have nothing good to say about mine, and yes mine works for Carnival

I called my travel agent to see if I could upgrade to a catagory 9A wrap around balcony or a catagory 11 suite, she told me there were none available. Yesterday I called Carnival and the PVP told me that there were suites and 9A's available. Why did she lie to me? Why did she tell me there were none left. I can't wait to reach her today to yell at her for the sneding of the documents that spoiled my surprise and for lying to me about the cabin availability. Grrrrrrr! I should have booked directly through Carnival!:mad:

This cruise is my first time using a TA, and to be honest I am not impressed. Maybe it is because I am a researcher. I know what prices I can get for the cruise, hotels and flights. Her numbers were much higher than mine. For me it has been nothing but a pain in the rear having to use her.

In fact when the prices went down, I had to call her, and then she acted as if she was just about to call me. Sure you were, they had been down for a good 2 weeks already.

I won't be using a TA ever again. Not when I can do better by myself. I figured she gets a throwback from my cruise, when really I should be getting that throwback since I am essentially doing all the work.

my first cruise i booked through a 'bulk superstore' travel agency and we received a small gift card to their store. the next few i booked direct with the cruise line and although we didn't get any perks, the prices were lowest.

then i booked MSC with a TA. she gave us a good deal with a group booking, a bottle of champagne and some lanyards. the only problem was that she didn't know a lot about the ship/line and we ended up on an awful cruise with a terrible cabin (location wise).

she was on vacation when we cancelled our other MSC booking with her office and i asked her co-worker to look for an alternative. they never contacted me, so i booked direct with carnival as we got the last quad balcony on the deck we wanted.

later i checked the prices with another TA and she was able to transfer the booking and save me $100. if the rest of the service we receive from the TA is good then they will get a lot of business from us.

Archived