Caribbean Princess - Couple of Questions :)

twopeasandaprincess

Hi!

I am booking a cruise for 4 adults on the Caribbean Princess, sailing in April to the southern caribbean. My husband and I took our first cruise on the Grand Princess 5 years ago. We have since gone on Royal Caribbean and Carnival. Princess was our favorite, with Royal Caribbean coming in a close second (In our opinion, it's a different styled ship, so it's like comparing apples/oranges)

We have lots of great memories of our Princess cruise, but 5 years can change the way things are run, and since we are taking my husband's mother and grandmother, they want to know EVERYTHING. I'm afraid of offering any information of things they did previously, but no longer do... so that's why I'm turning to my cruise critic friends! :)

* Do they still do theme nights? If so, what are those themes? On our Princess cruise, they had theme nights and guests dressed the part on those nights (i.e. Caribbean night = caribbean flowery shirts/dresses) etc.

* Is the Horizon open 24/7? On our first cruise DH & I went to the Horizon at 11p and they gave us a menu to choose items from. I had steak... most memorable steak I've ate :)

* Does anyone have any recent Menu's for the Caribbean Princess (or other like fleet ship?) I've searched around but can't seem to find anything :(

* Does Princess still have the afternoon teas?

Thanks for any help you can give... I'm so excited to be going on Princess again!!!

Angela

Welcome Back to Princess !

Yes, the Horizon court is 24- hour but, I don't recall them ever handing menus out, its a buffet.

Yes, they still have afternoon teas and it is not to be missed.

As far as themes they do have a deck party with an Island theme. The dining room menus have a different theme every night but not that would involve dressing differently.

The Caribbean Princess is my new favorite ship, I hope you like her !

Lenore

On the CB, the Horizon Court is joined by Cafe Caribe, which is just inside the aft doors leading to the terrace pool. One or the other will be open at all times, but I think it's only breakfast that they are both open at the same time. The one time we went up there at dinner time, Horizon was closed (both sides) and Cafe Caribe was open. Cafe Caribe has themed dinners (Mexican, oriental etc) and is buffet style. I don't believe they do the late night table service anymore like they used to.

On Island night, you can feel free to wear your favorite loud shirt to dinner. Come to think of it, you can on any other casual night as well.

Yes they still do afternoon tea. Check the patters for location

There are not themed nights like I remember from 15 years ago where I packed special clothes etc. There is some themed menus and tropical deck parties that you could dress for if you felt like it.

There always seemed to be plenty of food being served, but no menu at 11PM

The afternoon tea is still offered and I enjoyed it.

Archived