Is this a fair price??

Wantstosurprise

Hi all! I am looking to book a cruise soon. (hopefully in the next few days!) I am a first timer and know NOTHING. I have read millions of threads on here and they are so helpful!!

I have found a cruise I want, but to be honest have no clue if the price is good or not. The 5 day feb 7th 2009 Fascination sailing out of Jacksonville goes to half moon cay and Nassau. It is $329 per person for an IS guarantee. Thats a grand total of $731.96 for 2 people. Is that good, fair, average, expensive??? Sorry i really have no clue. The price is do-able for me, I just like to know when I'm getting a deal! lol

Also I notice that the picture I see of an IS room has 2 twin beds. Do they all have 2 twin beds? Can the twins be pushed together? My fiance might be upset if we can't sleep together, although I will be thrilled just to be on the ship!

Thanks!

Katie

wanttosurprise - The price for 5-day cruise isn't too bad. Make sure you understand that this price is for an Inside (CAT 4A Guarantee, meaning that for a slightly lower price you're agreeing to let Carnival assign any cabin/location on the ship with the risk that you could get a lousy CAT 4A Riviera location or the possibliity of getting any location on a higher deck, or an OceanView or maybe even better. When you book, make sure that CAT 1A cabins are NOT included in the IS Guarantee (those are the stacked bunks). ken

Theres a website that's like the cruise version of Lending Tree and it has travel agents compete to get you the best prices... That's a great way to find out if your price is a good/average one.

Yes, this is a fair price, but I recommend checking out this website, I use this site all the time and our next cruise was purchased directly with the company that gave us the best fares for our June cruise because again they offered the best price.

Archived