Boardwalk Segway Tour

Joeybun

We finally decided last night to do the Segway Tour and booked through Princess. Does anyone have any experience and/or comments about this tour?

I read somewhere that you can actually walk off the ship and do it independently. Anyone ever do this? If so, where do you go? How much does it cost?

Thanks for your comments folks!

We did the segways on our own in september of 07. They were located in the middle of the boardwalk at Great Bay beach next to the Black Pearl bar. At that time the cost was $30 for half an hour or $60 for the hour tour.

dj

I can't comment first hand, but based on information on this board I also booked this excursion. Overall impressions of the tour are VERY positive:

http://forums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=611213&highlight=boardwalk+segway

Segway in St. Maarten

My daughter (34) and I (64) did this in St. Maarten in late May. I've never had so much fun in my life. The segways are SO easy to ride, drive, and control. You basically control the speed with your feet - pressure on your toes makes it go forward and quicker, pressure on your heels slows it down and or/stops it. Dee, the segway leader when we went, was so patient and informative that even those who were unsure had a successful ride.

Oh - you are required to wear a hair net (which they furnish) made out of paper under the helmet if you aren't wearing a baseball cap. (I had my baseball cap and they didn't make me wear the net.

I can't wait to go back and do this again. We also were the first group in the morning. Since we were in the middle of town, we then walked through the Holland House Hotel and did some shopping. What a great day we had.

island284

quote.gif

We finally decided last night to do the Segway Tour and booked through Princess. Does anyone have any experience and/or comments about this tour?

I read somewhere that you can actually walk off the ship and do it independently. Anyone ever do this? If so, where do you go? How much does it cost?

Thanks for your comments folks!

Archived