Is this sign always present in the salon?

gillianrose

I was just browsing a photo album of pictures of the Quest when I spotted the following picture which shows a huge dental whitening ad in the salon:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2520464080102427654PTilRv

Was it just up for a travel agent tour, or perhaps just for the very first day, or was it (ugh) always on display in the salon?

I don't like "in-your-face" advertising of nickel-and-diming stuff like this. It would prevent me from using the salon.

That's a shame. Always up and in your face like that?

Hi Gillianrose !

Yes, I've seen more banners like this of late. I realize not everyone may care for them, but they do not bother me at all. It's just marketing. I have heard comments like "Oh, I didnt know they offered that", so it may prove beneficial to some.

Hi Gillianrose !

Yes, I've seen more banners like this of late. I realize not everyone may care for them, but they do not bother me at all. It's just marketing. I have heard comments like "Oh, I didnt know they offered that", so it may prove beneficial to some.

I am not opposed to cruise lines advertising that a product is available, but I do object to having it in a large format, always in my face. I mean, if I'm already in the salon having a service, it offends me to have something so blatant in my face.

In my case, it would keep me out of the salon.

I'm pretty sure this sign was in the salon lobby, near the appointment desk, on our Quest cruise. I went for three acupuncture sessions and a pedicure, and they never tried to sell me any products or extra services. The staff was friendly and laid-back - no sales pressure at all.

Lisa

I'm pretty sure this sign was in the salon lobby, near the appointment desk, on our Quest cruise.

Thanks, Lisa. I have not been on any of the former "R" ships, so I am not familiar with the salon lobby. I hope that it is in an out-of-the-way location, not seen as one passes from one area of the ship to another. If so, then I prefer that location, since as a salon customer I want to relax and not have advertising to stare at.

Believe me, that sign is better than the giant plasma TV outside the spa on RCI's Monarch of the Seas. It had fairly graphic photoes of the process playing, plus Janine Turner with her overly plumped and lipsticked lips selling it.

If nobody was around I always turned the TV off when I walked by.:o:p

As I recall, there was such a sign at the entrance to the spa on Journey, every day. But I'm not positive, so you can tell that it wasn't all that in my face, LOL.

Believe me, that sign is better than the giant plasma TV outside the spa on RCI's Monarch of the Seas. It had fairly graphic photoes of the process playing, plus Janine Turner with her overly plumped and lipsticked lips selling it.

If nobody was around I always turned the TV off when I walked by.:o:p

Good for you. If I'm around when you do it, I'll applaud. ;)

Archived