Refrigerators

mn-cruiser

We are sailing on Destiny 1/31/09 and are in a balcony room. Does anyone know if these rooms have refrigerators in them?

Per this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=904450&highlight=fridge

Here's what's listed on the Carnival Website:

Are there minibars in the staterooms?

spacer.gifAll staterooms will have a stocked minibar. The items will be replenished twice daily as the items are consumed and charged to the guest's Sail & Sign Account along with a 15% restocking charge. If the guest wishes to have the minibar permanently locked, they must contact the Information Desk. The minibar service will be locked on the night prior to debarkation. Offered on the following ships: Spirit, Pride, Legend, Conquest, Glory, Miracle, Valor and aboard the Triumph and Victory in category 11 and 12 suites.

The minibar will be stocked with premium liquor, wine, beer, soft drinks and a variety of sweet/salty snacks.

We are sailing on Destiny 1/31/09 and are in a balcony room. Does anyone know if these rooms have refrigerators in them?

Also from: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_guest_special_requirements.aspx

"Ships that are equipped with refrigerators in the stateroom are the Spirit, Pride, Conquest, Legend, Valor, Liberty, Glory and the Miracle"

It looks like you're out of luck...

Starlight....excuse me for butting in but I just saw your comment about knowing where Gloucester is....hmmmmm, one of those small world things, I guess. We travel often but in the past have usually traveled in our own boat. Just found cruise critic and find it very informative. Talk more? jdownes2@cox.net. We're doing a TA on the Noordam in April. Happy travels....me

Also from: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_guest_special_requirements.aspx

"Ships that are equipped with refrigerators in the stateroom are the Spirit, Pride, Conquest, Legend, Valor, Liberty, Glory and the Miracle"

It looks like you're out of luck...

Thats what I was afraid of. :(

Thanks for all your responses!

Are the prices for drinks in mini-bar fridge that much more than from a bar? Prices at ship bars are high.

No, they're are almost exactly the same. I guess the price depends on your point of view and sometimes people compare the bar prices to what they can get at a liquor store at home, but you have compare apples to apples, for example, what would you pay at a nice hotel or resort bar? Probably more.

Archived