Liberty of the seas-deck 6,8,9 or 10

angel-mom

The deck location depends on where you want to spend a lot of time. Some like to be close to the Promenade and restaurants, while others like to be closer to the pool up top. I have kids in Adventure Ocean and spend most of my time near the pool, so the higher the better.

Try and go for a hump cabin, they are the ones that stick out from the side of the ship, and are near the back part. I have stayed on deck 7,8,and 9 and found them all fine. I would be careful about deck 10 because I have heard that you can sometimes hear noise from the deck 11. Just my opinion though.

We are getting a balcony room. Does it matter what deck? Any rooms to avoid?

We were on 6 in a port side balcony in December and it was great--we tend to walk instead of taking the elevator when we can, so this was perfect since the WJ and pool are on 11, Promenade is on 5, and our MDR table was on 3. Also we disembarked on 5 in Miami on return. Our views coming into San Juan, St. Martin and Labadee were amazing! The halls are really, really long, so absolutely keep that in mind.

On Freedom we had a cabin on 8 more toward the front of the ship and we had a lot of walking to do. It's such a large ship that we had decided we didn't want to go on another ship that large.. but we wanted to take our sons on one so on Liberty last week we had a cabin on 6 more midship and it was perfect. We did hear our neighbors a few times and we had an adjoining cabin with them.. door locked of course, but they often "tried" the handle on the door:p. We never heard noise from the promenade. Our sons had a PR cabin above the Get Out There shop, they didn't have any complaints about noise either. I have been told to avoid getting a cabin above the bars and I would avoid an adjoining cabin:rolleyes:.

Oh one drawback to our cabin was that being the lowest balcony cabins, the balcony cabins above us housed some people that liked to spit over the side:mad: and narrowly missed us a few times. The location was great for access to everything else though.

Archived