Just got the call from the ugrade department...

JTRose123

Went from a 4A interior cabin on the Rivera deck, to an 8E balcony room on the Panorama deck.

All for a cool $100 extra a person.

Me - 1

Carnival - 0

Booyah.

We also got a call from Carnival to upgrade from interior to an extended balcony on the same deck for $75 pp. We have never even had an oceanview before so we took it. We sail in 5 days.

Congrats to you both. I'm still waiting for my call! ;)

Went from a 4A interior cabin on the Rivera deck, to an 8E balcony room on the Panorama deck.

Me - 1

Carnival - 0

Booyah.

Did you book through a PVP or an TA? I am on the Splendor in 10 days and have no assignment yet - no calls - no nothing!

5 posts up. PVP.

I got the call 4 days out, don't lose hope!!

Yeah thanks, I asked before I read all the posts. It's very frustrating because I always book guaranty rooms and always have my assignments a few weeks before. This is the only time I have ever not been assigned. This is my first Platinum CCL cruise so we'll see where they put me, but frankly, our ship is pretty full........oh well. Looking forward to it anyway!

I've heard of all of the above but have never experienced any of them myself.

What am I doign wrong that after 12 cruises I have yet to ever get an upgrade or an upsell? Is it my breath? :)

That's wonderful, enjoy the balcony!

I've heard of all of the above but have never experienced any of them myself.

What am I doign wrong that after 12 cruises I have yet to ever get an upgrade or an upsell? Is it my breath? :)

That's wonderful, enjoy the balcony!

That's very funny!! Is there a problem with your breath??

Did you book through a PVP or an TA? I am on the Splendor in 10 days and have no assignment yet - no calls - no nothing!

From what I hear, GTYs do not get called. I have a GTY and would love to get an upsell call. But thats te point of a GTY right? If its available you get an upgrade and if not, then you get a regular room. You won't get a call asking you to pay more for an upgrade if your a GTY, unfortunately for us anyway.

I'm usually always about rolling the dice, but i think a Honeymoon cruise just isn't the time or place to roll the dice. But then again I don't have the money to pay for an upgraded room :-(

Well I could pay $20/pp for a 5A port hole room, but that takes away my chance to get upgraded to a higher room.

I'm going crazy!

From what I hear, GTYs do not get called. I have a GTY and would love to get an upsell call. But thats te point of a GTY right? If its available you get an upgrade and if not, then you get a regular room. You won't get a call asking you to pay more for an upgrade if your a GTY, unfortunately for us anyway.

I'm usually always about rolling the dice, but i think a Honeymoon cruise just isn't the time or place to roll the dice. But then again I don't have the money to pay for an upgraded room :-(

Well I could pay $20/pp for a 5A port hole room, but that takes away my chance to get upgraded to a higher room.

I'm going crazy!

I was in a 4a GTY in Dec 2008. got a upsell call to a Cat 12 for $100 each :D:eek::D

I was in a 4a GTY in Dec 2008. got a upsell call to a Cat 12 for $100 each :D:eek::D

Wow! Thats almost like stealing! LOL

Well thanks for giving me hope. I am def looking forward to an upsell call or even better, a visit from the upgrade fairy! :D

he was a great salesperson (telling us the advantages), but I just couldn't do it. We leave on Mon 1/19, the ship is sold out according to the carnival website. We are in a 4C and we could upgrade the 5 of us to a cat 12 for $500 ($250 each for first and second, nothing extra for 3, 4, and 5th). He said the "real" cost for this is $1700. We will stick to our inside 4C unless they come down to about $250. I was really shocked since the ship is sold out on their website (maybe last min cancellations?).

I agree once you have a balcony you never go back. We were upgraded from an outside cabin guantee to a Balcony on our summer of 2007 Cruise on the Valor. We are going on the Pride in June and I booked a Balcony without even thinking twice. Carnival made me a Balcony snob.

:D:D

I agree once you have a balcony you never go back. We were upgraded from an outside cabin guantee to a Balcony on our summer of 2007 Cruise on the Valor. We are going on the Pride in June and I booked a Balcony without even thinking twice. Carnival made me a Balcony snob.

Please Carnival, please make ME a Balcony snob!!! :p;):D

Me - 1

Carnival - 0

Booyah.

JT, nice deal ,they got us too! We went from a Cat 8 Balcony to Cat 11 suite for less than half the price. The PVP told me the ship was full (only suites left) wonder if you got our balcony??? lol:D

Only two days to go! Maybe we will run into you on the ship.

Enjoy!

Awesome deal, good for you! I upgraded myself today, so to speak. Was messing around on Carnival's site today and saw they were offering "free" upgrades for some staterooms. And so, I phoned Carnival, and the woman who answered told me she could upgrade me from an 8H to a 9A for $240.00. Uh, nope. So, I come in here, asked for some advice, called my PVP (finally got through to him!), and got the 9A for $120.00, also a free upgrade for my MIL and FIL to an 8H... All in all, I was pretty pleased!

Initially, I was looking for a suite, but none were available, but I think I will be happy with what we got!

The Upgrade fairy came by Austin,tx today as carnival calls me at work and states that they need my balcony room for some group wanting to have cabins together so offered me a suite on the 7th deck instead of my Balcony on the 10th deck. I was like HECK YES!!! it was only 100 each total. Thanxs Upgrade Fairy.I owe you one.

Keith

Archived