Laundry Service

CajunLiner

After booking our cruise, we realized that the Galaxy has no self-service laundry. I scanned the forum for info on laundry service prices and the recommendations pointed to an area within the Celebrity website that I could not find. My wife, two children 8 and 9, and I will be sharing a Sky Suite so packing enough for twelve nights is out of the question, both for space required and because of the cost of buying adequate clothing to make it for twelve days. I figure that we can pack twelve days worth of socks, undergarments,etc. Cheap and doesn't take up too much space. Bathing suits can be rinsed out in the tub and hung to dry, so a couple will do. The problem is with casual (not poolside) wear and evening wear.

I would really like to find out what on-board laundry service costs and if there is any break for those booked in a suite. Does anyone know where this info is hidden on Celebrity.com or have access to it somewhere else?

Justin

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;13;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Until Galaxy Panama Canal Cruise

Hi there!

The only break the suites get is priority time service! Your butler will make sure laundry is done quickly and bfore regular cabin pax.

The prices for laundry service are pretty in tune with land laundries. We used them several times in the past & have been very satisfied!

Rosie (There is a price list somewhere on the Celeb site, just can't remember where, sorry!)

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

This is going to be a really, really stupid question, but after looking at the list...since there is a separate category for "pressing", does that mean if you have something JUST laundered it's going to come back wrinkled, and you therefore have to pay for pressing, too, or is pressing INCLUDED in the price of laundering, and the PRESSING is if something is clean and needs JUST pressing?

Pressing only is if something is clean and just needs pressing. It is included if an item needs to be cleaned. We used the laundry service for the first time on the Horizon, they do great work.

Till Constellation Southern Caribbean 11/27/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;11;27;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Pressing only is actually a pretty good deal. George throws his clean dress shirts for Informal nights into the luggage instead of using up valuable garment bag space. MaryBeth does the same for some skirts.

George & MaryBeth

How does the complimentary pressing service work? How much will they press for you? Is it just within the first 24 hours?

Justin

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;13;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Until Galaxy Panama Canal Cruise

Archived