Excursions

CruiseCrazy4U

Just wondering if anyone knows is it better to book shore excursions through carnival before the cruise or once you get on the ship?

Assuming you are not interested in using a 3rd party excursion (my suggestion for most excursions), I would book before the cruise if it is something you really want to do - some of them sell out.

Assuming you are not interested in using a 3rd party excursion (my suggestion for most excursions), I would book before the cruise if it is something you really want to do - some of them sell out.

What 3rd party company do you use? And why is better that way?

What 3rd party company do you use? And why is better that way?

Generally, the independent tours are cheaper and better quality. The best way to find them is to look at the port-of-call boards here on Cruise Critic for the ports you are visiting. There is a wealth of information at each port-of-call board.

There are some types of tours that are best through the ship - such as long trips away from the ship or trips that involve multiple modes of transportation. Some tours are only available through the ship because there is not a comparable independent tour.

Just visit the port-of-call boards and read up!!

Archived