Cave tubing tour

cruisinginnov

does any one know how long is the walk to the river? I read that it is 1/2 hr on some other boards says 45 min.I have my wife's mother and father who are interested to do the tubing, they are 62 and 65 yrs.how deep is the water.Can we swim there? do we need bug sprays?

Garry

I guess the truest answer to the question would be that it depends on how fast you walk. We went with Wet n Wild and we did not sprint through the rain forrest. But who would want to? We took our time observing the wonderful things along the way as our guide pointed out specific things from Mayan culture, etc. In that instance, it took closer to 45 minutes. But, I would guess that for older folks, a 45 minute leisurely walk is preferred over a 30 minute brisk walk. The water is not deep in most parts. I would say about 8 out of 10 times I put my feet down I could touch bottom. There is a spot before you take the walk through the rainforrest that we were allowed to go into the river and swim and also when you enter the cave tubing part of the excursion, there are parts that are over your head. As far as bug spray goes, we didn't use any, but others on the trip did. We never saw a single mosquito. If you feel better being protected no matter what, take it for peace of mind. HTH

Thanks for all informations I be in Belize in 4 days time Nov 24th.

I did not book with any one.I will look for a cave tubing tour when I arrive at the port.I will look to see wet n wild if not,tour should be at the port.My teenagers can't wait they are so excited about tubing.

Thanks again.

Garry :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you again every one for all informations.We had a wonderfull time in Belize.As we came off the tender there was guides.The guide was very pleasant.It takes about 1 hr drive there,The walking was not bad.The water was cool :eek:,That was when we first sat in the tubes. Floating on our tubes was the easy part.He gave us a group rate,We were a party of 10 and we pay $45 p/p with lunch,http://www.***** Am recomending these guides that I met while on my vacation,They were super.

Garry

Archived