"groups" on cruise..ut ohhh

berls088

Trock,so true. People that ride these days are usually professional people from all walks of life.It is not a cheap hobby. And I bet most people would be surprised to know that most organized clubs have big charitable events. My favorites are the toy runs around Christmas.The term Biker has taken on a derogatory feel to it,and it may have been deserved in the past,but no longer.I wish I wason that cruise.

Yep!

They did a bike run in Florida for Toys for Tots.. I believe there were 10,000!!!!! BIKERS~who participated...

They do many great things for their community.. They are out of either Melborne or Rockledge...:)

=======================================================

Balcony Bound: Your countdown shows you are on the pRIDE. Have you switched over to the Liberty? Richard Simmons is on the Liberty.

If so' date=' please come and join our roll call...We would LOVE to have you.

Carla[/quote']

Thanks Carla! Yes, Carnival switched out the Pride for the Liberty some time ago (countdown clock... forgot about that) but I believe I showed that in my signature list:) I was initially dissapointed to miss a sailing on the Pride, but got over it quickly enough. We chose this one for itinerary - love HMC.

I'll check out your roll call. We're looking forward to a great cruise.

So for my upcoming cruise on Feb 1st, the roll call is slacking very bad, but theres only 3 open rooms. So I decided to google my cruise to see if there was a massive group going or something. ooo did I find what I was looking for! There are 2 group sorta things going :

OFFICIAL BIKERS CRUISE and WOMEN IN NETWORKING/BUSINESS MANAGEMENT CRUISE

what a clash that will be! has anyone else been on a cruise and had groups like that surprisingly on it? is the boat going to be taken over by them? I wish i was on like the nudist cruise or beer drinkers usa cruise!

You do realize that a very small percentage of people that cruise are members of or frequent CC? I've venture a guess that number is less than 1 or 2%...and that's being generous.

What's wrong with bikers? Some of the nicest people I have EVER met. As was said earlier...bikers come from all walks of life...docs, lawyers (hard to say that one w/o laughing), educators, military, law enforcement (probably even some of the network/management people on your cruise - the list goes on and on. Me thinks you're worrying about nothing.

Thanks Cathyz! I tried to google my future cruise date for 2010, but, maybe it's too soon.. not sure:confused:

thanks again!

Gina

Hey Gina you are in the "group" that others might wonder about then want to join us. When we got on the Destiny for Saints and Sinners 4, there was a large group of hair dressers, we met several and had a great time with them. I think some are joining us next year, or least I hope. With the Crossers cruising you won't care who else is there because we will be kept busy with our own group.

I like you karenw....I wish I was cruising with you & your friends!!!

LOL So do it!

It something you'd never forget! Can't give a lot of details here of the last one. Let's just say there were group members removed and questioned before muster, men table dancing in the disco, one lost her S&S card but found it in her bra the next day (mind you this didn't keep her from drinking since the bartender had her account memorized)...whoops I've said too much!

i have nothing against bikers i think they are fun and can partyyy! im looking forward to them i just think its funny when u see the diff groups that are going to be on your cruise!

im glad its not the like hawaiian tropic model cruise though id feel HUGEEE

So for my upcoming cruise on Feb 1st, the roll call is slacking very bad, but theres only 3 open rooms. So I decided to google my cruise to see if there was a massive group going or something. ooo did I find what I was looking for! There are 2 group sorta things going :

OFFICIAL BIKERS CRUISE and WOMEN IN NETWORKING/BUSINESS MANAGEMENT CRUISE

what a clash that will be! has anyone else been on a cruise and had groups like that surprisingly on it? is the boat going to be taken over by them? I wish i was on like the nudist cruise or beer drinkers usa cruise!

I wouldn't sweat it. Your "Bikers" could end up being a group of Physicians or Attorneys who happen to like riding motorcycles.

im finnneee with the bikers, they should be fun! i just hope theres not ritzy business women who are having press conferences at One Small Step or wearing suits on the lido deck! it says they are having meetings and stuff on their website..

and then ill be there in an itty bitty bikini drinkin at 6am. ahhhh to not be a professional person is nice!

i have nothing against bikers i think they are fun and can partyyy! im looking forward to them i just think its funny when u see the diff groups that are going to be on your cruise!

im glad its not the like hawaiian tropic model cruise though id feel HUGEEE

Let me see if I remember this correctly...

SSIII there was a G/L church group

SSIV there was a transvestite hair dresser goup.

I'm guessing the next one will be the vertically challenged bear group...

• 1 month later...
Hi Carla and everyone,

I am actually signed up for Richard Simmons' "Cruise to Lose" on the Liberty. I have lost over 70 pounds since last year ....

Hello Megalodon! I was happy to find you here - I'm also going on this cruise through the Richard Simmons group. I definitely plan on working out every class but also plan to do plenty of partying too! Are you traveling with friends? (I'm not sure how to PM here but I'll keep looking.)

On my October 2007 cruise on RCI, I used the transfers to get from airport to the port. These 3 girls got on and they probably had more luggage than the rest of the 20 people on the bus combined. I just thought maybe they were new cruise staff, performers or whatever, they were very made up. Lots of makeup, very well dressed. So I get on the ship and the next thing I know 5 girls walk past me wearing crowns. I was on the Miss America cruise. It was actually weird to see these girls up close. They had a lot of private events but the night of the captains party they definitely overshadowed the captain because they did a meet and greet. I think more showed up to see these girls than the captain cause everyone was in the lobby outside the theatre and no one was inside. I got some good pictures.

Archived