Hotel in Vancouver

tulips*n*truffles

Hi there! I've read your other threads about hotels in Vancouver, but have some specific questions.

We'll be in Vancouver for one night before our ship sails. This might be a stretch, but do any of the hotels near Canada Place have a shuttle from the airport?

Can you walk to the pier with luggage from the hotels near Canada Place?

There are a few hotels that have free shuttles from the airport - but are there any you know of that have suttles (free or otherwise) to the pier?

Thanks so much!

If you were to stay at the Pan Pacific the hotel staff will take your luggage downstairs to the ship's luggage area.

The Fairmont Waterfront is across the street from the Pan Pacific and has underground access to the the pier.

I know that the Best Western Downtown on Drake has a free shuttle in the downtown area so they will drop you off at Canada Place.

Our downtown core is quite compact - most of the hotels are less than a mile away from the pier so if you don't have too much luggage and don't mind some exercise you could walk to Canada Place.

The following link will give you an idea of where the various downtown hotels are in relation to the port:

http://www.hotelsbythepier.com/index2.php?pier=vancouver-canada-place

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

We stayed at the Sheraton Wall in 2007. It was within walking distance to Canada Place. We had walked it the two previous days but decided to taxi it with the luggage. Less than $10US including tip.

Now that I read your post correctly a taxi ride from the Vancouver Airport to the Sheraton Wall was about $40US with tip.

What do you think about the Best Western Downtown Vancouver? I think if I understand correctly, I can take the Airporter shuttle from the airport to the Best Western, then the Best Western downtown shuttle to the pier? Is that right?

Has anyone used Airporter before? The site says reservations aren't necessary - are they ever full?

Yes you are correct - the Airporter will drop you off in front of the Best Western and that they have the shuttle to the pier BUT you must let them know in advance as they can be busy - the Airporter bus runs frequently so even if one bus is full another one will be around before too long - they have been in the business for a long time so they will have a pretty good idea of what there passenger loads are.

If you choose the Best Western you might want to check out the White Spot restaurant located in the Hotel - this chain has been around for more than 80 years and is a Vancouver tradition for several generations. I eat there at least once a week as it is only a couple of blocks from my condo

http://www.whitespot.ca

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis,

Is the best Western Downtown Vancouver in a safe neighborhood?

I know that Vancouver is in an urban setting and there will be unusual but totally harmless characters here and there.

Thanks,

Fred

there are four of us (mom and three daughters) criusing on June 10 so need one night accomodations in Vancouver prior to departure. we will be flying in about 9pm, would like a hotel where we can get on the on/off trolley tour in the morning, unless there is a better suggestion on how to see the highlights of Vancouver in just a few hours. We would like a nice hotel, and wondering if you could suggest what might work best for us. Thank you so much for your help.

"there will be unusual but totally harmless characters here and there."

That neighbourhood is safe - I live in it - only two blocks from the hotel - your description is fairly accurate.

While many of our less fortunate citizens have various issues they aren't really a threat to people on the street

The hotel is located a the top end of the downtown entertainment district so there is a steady flow of sidewalk traffic at all times. The entertainment zone has a heavy police presence - not as large as Times Square - but still lots of Officers on Street Patrol.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis,

Thanks. I have lived in Detroit, San Francisco, and now in Southern California. And the reason I asked is that we can't have our new friends from such wonderful places like Iowa and Kansas seeing a big city for the first time nervous and scared as they walk to and from the hotel, for dinner or whatever.

Fred

Archived