Golf during stop in San Juan

southt00

Hello! Our husbands are interested in golfing in San Juan while we stop from 10:00am - 11:00pm via HAL cruiseship.

Can anyone recommend the best way for them to do this? There are no excursions available Which course is recommended? Also, it sounds like transportation will be via cab (around $60 each way). Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

There is a 9 hole course in Bayamon 787-740-1419 or there are other courses at:

Rio Grande (east of San Juan) - Rio Mar Golf Club, Cocoa Beach Golf Club, Bahia Beach Resort

or

Dorado (west of San Juan) Dorado Del Mar, Hyatt Dorado Beach Club

There is info on these courses here http://www.visit-the-coqui.com/places-to-see/golf-courses/

Taxi rates here http://www.cabspr.com

You might want to consider a car rental if they end up heading to Rio Grande or Dorado - should be cheaper than taxi

You should phone to get up to date prices and times etc..

I was there a month or so ago and golfed the Dorado area. One course is at the Embassy Suites and others are just down the road. If I were doing this on a cruise ship stop I would probably take the ferry to Catano and a cab from there. That should be faster and save a ton on cab fare I would think and it is a very pretty drive compared to going on the freeway. Stop at a roast pig stand along the way for a great lunch.

www.doradobeachclubs.com will get you inofr on 4 of the courses. They are all awesome but I would do one of the Plantation courses if I had to choose one. The Embassy Suites Dorado Del Mar website will get you info on that course. I think they all have discounted "replay" rates so you may want to play more than 18 on the same course to save some $. Plantation are around $130 and Embassy is around $100. Hardly anyone else playing when I was there.

I don't know if Embassy has a daypass for non-golfers. I paid around $100 a night for a regular room. Pool was empty and I suppose non-golfers could just show up and use the pool. There is a good place for lunch at the pool.

Archived