Cabin - Family of 5

arlsvera

Are there certain cruise lines that will put 5 people into one cabin? A friend of mine asked me this question and I couldn't answer it I have only cruised with my family of four. She does not want to incur the expense of two cabins, nor does she want to get a suite. I'd love to help her out -- does anyone know her options?? Thanks in advance!!

Yes, Royal Caribbean has cabins for 5 (and 8). NCL has some penthouses that sleep 5 (and 7). The NCL Star, Dawn, Pearl, Gem (and maybe more) have a 2 bedroom suite (2nd bedroom can sleep 3). We've sailed on the Dawn 3 times (4th time this coming June!) with our 2 kids in an AB penthouse (2 bedrooms) and we LOVED it!!!

We cruised twice on a Celebrity Seattle/British columbia/Seattle on Celebrity Mercury in a family cabin. HUge balcony, slept 5 with a seperate BR w/ queen bed. Experienced agent did not even know they had them- I figured it out by reviewing deck plan. Also, we 5 are actually taking 2 cabins via NCL 3/21 to Mexico, turns out NCL DOES have 5 berths, as does Carnival, plus coin laundry!

HAve fun! Check out the thread of 5 things to bring on a cruise, so heplful, also cruising with family threads.:)

Carnival will allow you to put 5 people in a regular cabin on their older ships (Fantasy class, Victory, Destiny, and Triumph). On their newest ships the maximum is 4, although they do allow you to put 5 into some suites.

NCL has 1 ship, the Sun I believe, that they will allow you to book 5 into a regular stateroom.

RCCL has Family Inside staterooms, Family Promenade Staterooms, and Family Oceanview staterooms that will accommodate up to 6 people in one room. These staterooms require a minimum of 5 people to book and cannot be booked over the internet.

Celebrity has the FOV category that will accommodate 5 people.

Most cruiselines will only allow you to book up to 4 people on the internet so their best bet is to call for availability and pricing.

Sometimes it is about the same cost or less to book two connecting staterooms, so they should price out that option as well (it would also have the added benefit of giving them 2 bathrooms, instead of 1).

(hi mom!!)

Yes, we are sailing Carnival Dream in an oceanview family suite that fits 5 and has 1.5 baths, 2 twin beds, 2 pulldowns and a pullout sofa. It will be tight but our kids are little.

It was cheaper than getting 2 cabins.

Archived