Is the outdoor Promenade deck a smoking area on Dawn?

flashdog_1

On pool deck etc, it's generally port side for smoking.

On the promenade deck, there are ashtrays at the doors on both sides, which I found odd.

That is odd isn't it. I would swear when we started sailing with NCL they had one side of the ship's outside decks as smoking and the other as non-smoking. My DDP Doug says they changed that some time after that. I can't remember if it was on the Pearl or the Star last year that I kept telling him we were only supposed to smoke on one side of the ship, so finally he got tired of me telling him that so he took me to the ashtrays on each side of the ship and right above them it did say that "This is a designated smoking area".

Our first time on the Star we were walking around the jogging track area on the top of the ship.. I can't remember the deck off the top of my head. ..but we went to the very front of the ship on the jogging track.. amazing view..and while were there looking at the view I lit up a smoke. I honestly had no idea that deck was non-smoking, until later on during the cruise.

Yes, you can smoke on the port side of the promenade deck on the Dawn.

It was confusing for me the first time on '02 on the Dawn because even though they limit it to the port side, as a previous poster said, there are wall mounted ashtrays on both sides.

I think the ashtrays on the port side are just something the ship was built with (probably others as well) and just never bothered to remove them, even though it would really help with enforcing there own rules ;)

Archived