Embarking from Charleston

CarolinaPurple

Hi! I will be a first time cruiser (it's our honeymoon!) on the Majesty on March 21st out of Charleston. All the reviews I have read talk about how it is chaotic to port out of Charleston. One of the main reasons why my fiancee and I have chosen NCL was because my dad lives in Charleston and could get us to the ship without having to pay the parking fees. My question is: is there a drop off point? How does that work if we will have someone dropping us off and picking us up?

I sailed out of charleston last march.we were dropped off by a shuttle from our hotel to the cruise terminal.we then got on a bus that took us to terminal.this went very smooth no problems for us at all.we will be going again in the spring this year.when you first arrive your luggage will be taken ... then so forth and so on.NCL is a great first time cruise experience.I wish you the b;)est.

getting off ship is just as simple as going aboard.we walked over to large building in front of cruise terminal .where our shuttle from hotel picked us up.hope this helps!!!;) If not feel free to ask away about NCL MAJESTY.:D

We live in the Charleston area so we were dropped off by a friend for our Majesty cruise.

Easiest way: have him drop you at the corner of Market Street and East Bay. Then just walk across East Bay to the cruise terminal. This wasy you avoid getting stuck in a long line of cars waiting to park.

cruzelover would you also want to get dropped off there if you were arriving by cab?

to the "tent" where they collect the luggage you'd probably make him a happy cabbie. Our cab driver told us they hate to go to the port because of the congestion (and often no signs saying which way the traffic should flow) and the waiting until his cab gets right up to the tent. So if you were dropped off on the street and walked up the walkway, you'd do everyone a favor.

As your Dad knows, Charleston is a busy congested city at times but don't worry, It's going to go a lot smoother than you think. Don't let the thought of crowds and the embarkation process make you nervous, it will go just fine. These cruise lines know what they are doing and you and your luggage will make it aboard with lots of time to spare.

These cruise lines have it down to a science, you will have no problem at all and will have a wonderful honeymoon!

Be sure and come back on here and tell us all about it when you get back!

Doug & Lisa

Hi! I will be a first time cruiser (it's our honeymoon!) on the Majesty on March 21st out of Charleston. All the reviews I have read talk about how it is chaotic to port out of Charleston. One of the main reasons why my fiancee and I have chosen NCL was because my dad lives in Charleston and could get us to the ship without having to pay the parking fees. My question is: is there a drop off point? How does that work if we will have someone dropping us off and picking us up?

It's just like being dropped off at the airport, they have a terminal with security and baggage handlers & everything.

have a good trip

Archived