Personal items during cave tubing?

fredsbabe

I was just wondering what you do with your personal items while cave tubing? Are there lockers or something to safely store your things (passport, cell phone, etc.)--anything that you don't want to get wet, as well as dry clothes? I did buy a waterproof pouch for my camera.

We don't remember lockers either, what we do remember is that they put everybodys stuff from the same tour into a little shed like room and locked the door. Our stuff was just like we had left it and nothing was missing.

Before you go on this tour, bring along a personal waterproof flashlight, the headlamp they gave me was so dim I might as well not even had it, but I brought my handheld diver light and it worked perfect. If you buy your own light to take, make sure it has a hand lanyard.

I was just wondering what you do with your personal items while cave tubing?

We kept our stuff (beach towels, change of clothes, etc) in a beach bag on the bus which was padlocked from the outside. I positioned my bag as such so I'm know if someone had gone thru it but it was exactly as I left it. ;)However, I always carry my money, credit cards, ID, SeaPass etc. with me in 2x water-type wallets. One readily available and one somewhat hidden on my person. Just in case. :eek:

I do NOT carry our passports, though...(may be wrong on my part for NOT taking them along) :o. I did make copies of them and while I KNOW that's NOT really valid, it guess it helps to have "something" in case of being left behind. :confused:

Archived