tea time?

marley

Actually I swear I have read on here where they do put out stuff at tea time in the buffet area. I never thought to check it out when we onboard the Pearl.. but like I say I would have sworn I have seen that posted here on CC. Seems to me they said they put out scones and crumpets, but no clotted cream (which I LOVE on a crumpet). I do remember the poster saying they were disappointed in the choices or something..

As I remember they put out scones, strawberry preserves, and what was probably whipped, not clotted, cream in the buffet area in the late afternoon. There is no "formal" tea as such. I'm sure some will be bereft that the cream may not be clotted.

That jsut sounds so gross but I have recipe at home that calls for clotted cream. What exactly is that ?

(and I have seen afternoon goodies put out in the buffet area's for 4 o'clock tea.....at lesat that what time I think it is)

That jsut sounds so gross but I have recipe at home that calls for clotted cream. What exactly is that ?

(and I have seen afternoon goodies put out in the buffet area's for 4 o'clock tea.....at lesat that what time I think it is)

The name is gross.. LOL..but it is soo good. The best way I can describe it is it is a very very thick yogurt. Maybe not as tangy as yogurt, but more naturally sweet. It's not like cottage cheese in texture, as you might think, but rather smooth. It is delicious on a toasted crumpet with some strawberry jam. If you ever get the chance to try it, do.

Archived