Need some advice about which ports are better

crazy4cruzin

We are considering two ships the Constellation and the Serenade of the Sea. They both do similar ports, except Serenade visits St.Lucia and Constellation visit Grenada and Casa de Campo. Other then those differences the other ports are the same. Which ports/ship would you prefer? Which are nicer and safer? I've read not so great things about Grenada and Casa de Campo, as far as safety and being harassed by locals is concerned. How true is this? Please help me make this decision, as deposit for our cruise is due very soon.
Thanks.

As much as I hate to say it, the itinerary for the Serenade is better in my opinion! I don't care if I never return to either Grenada or Casa de Campo! Unfortunately, I much prefer the Connie over the Serenade.

JMHO

Rosie

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Remember that you spend only a fraction of the time in the ports. The majority of your time will be spent on the ship, so unless you're doing a real port intensive itinerary like Europe, I would suggest considering factors other than the specific ports.

That being said, I am getting a little tired of seeing the same ports over and over (St Thomas [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]? Nassau? [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]) and I can understand why you might want to avoid certain ports.

So my advice would be choose this cruise based on the ship and the atmosphere on board, unless you are dead set against visiting one port or have your heart set on another.

Either way, it's a great problem to have! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

just returned from the constellation and really enjoyed Grenada, must book Mandoo tour !!! loved the spice plantation. Casa de Campo was also fun spend the afternoon exploring the beautiful Altos de Chavon..

The ship is fantastic.

I know I'm the host here on the Celebrity board, but I'd go with the Serande. I have been on Millie & Summit (and like them alot) but we just came off Brilliance and liked it equally as well or maybe even a little more (I'm talking ships -- not food or service). I think Celebrity is still better in the food area and service on all were great when we sailed. I personally prefer St. Lucia to the other two ports you asked about (although we did like Grenada, too.). Our day in St. Lucia was one of our all time most fun cruise days ever. It's a beautiful island and one I'd go back to.

Tough decision but you'll have a great time no matter what you decide.

~Host Anne

I am even more confused than ever. Some people love the Grenada/Casa de Campo ports, some hate them. Uggh! I think I am leaning towards the Constellation, even though the Serenade is a beauty too. The only other time I was on RCCL the food was awful! I love the service and food on the Celebrity ships. I hope I am making the right decision. Thanks everyone.

Archived