AF Aft of AC Penthouse for $150???

bryan41

you did not mention ship or cruise, but I am guessing Pearl.

AF mini suite is really a balcony, no real perks. Going to full suite gets way more room, close to double. I think most or not all AC's are on the very front of the ship, which might be an issue. You do get to eat at Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. Can have anything served in room. Priority boarding, getting off ship at ports and last day, priorty resevations, etc.

If you search on Penthouse you will find tons more info, but for $150 total or per person, I would do it in a second.

I stayed in one of the ACs on the Gem and you absolutly should take this upgrade.....rooms are bigger, balcony is huge and the perks are great....All the AC are at the front of the ship but dont worry, it isnt as rocky as u may think.......If u have any questions let me know, I do have a pic or two of our cabin on the gem if u want to see them let me know

(Secret: The two middle AC cabins on Deck 10 have a bumpout which makes those two cabins have larger sitting room areas;))

John

Had AC cabin 9502 on the Pearl for B2B cruise (14 days) and it was great, with all the perks it is hard to get just a balcony cabin again. We have an AF on our next cruise and are waiting for the upsell call. Only real noise was from the anchor at a tender port. Also don't skip any mornings or afternoons at Cagneys.

Had AC cabin 9502 on the Pearl for B2B cruise (14 days) and it was great, with all the perks it is hard to get just a balcony cabin again. We have an AF on our next cruise and are waiting for the upsell call. Only real noise was from the anchor at a tender port. Also don't skip any mornings or afternoons at Cagneys.

sssshhhhhh....I wasnt going to tell the OP about the anchor thing..lol:D;)

John

Thanks for all the responses!

Our sailing is 1/25/09. I'm on hold with NCL right now trying to grab the AC.

I will post more details once I have it confirmed.

Anyone have any AC pics that they'd like to post?

OK Guys I got the AC #9502 for $300 TOTAL!!! The rep said that the balcony on this room is 266 sq feet!!! Holy Cow, thats huge!

I'm not sure if others have posted how they do the upsells but here is how they do it:

AC price right now is $1999 PP. The current upsell discount is 50% or $1000 PP. We had paid something like $850 PP for our AF mini. They offered me the difference. They also let me keep my $300 OBC!

I'm so excited!

Thanks again

OK Guys I got the AC #9502 for $300 TOTAL!!! The rep said that the balcony on this room is 266 sq feet!!! Holy Cow, thats huge!

I'm not sure if others have posted how they do the upsells but here is how they do it:

AC price right now is $1999 PP. The current upsell discount is 50% or $1000 PP. We had paid something like $850 PP for our AF mini. They offered me the difference. They also let me keep my $300 OBC!

I'm so excited!

Thanks again

Your gonna love it.....the balcony is bigger than you could imagine....Have a blast!!

I'm so excited!

Thanks again

You did good, real good.

Enjoy

d man

I'm so excited!

Thanks again

WONDERFULL, EXCELLENT, SUPERDEDOOPER.....!!!icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

You WILL enjoy the "Suite" Life......:D :D

Wow.. That would have been a tough call for me. I love the perks of a suite, but I don't know if I could have given up the Aft for them. I have said on other threads that for our Alaskan cruise we have the opportunity to take one of the Owners Suites as opposed to our normal AE/AD Aft. Im so torn on what we should do. The bigger suite would be nice, but we do SO LOVE the AFT.

Wow.. That would have been a tough call for me. I love the perks of a suite, but I don't know if I could have given up the Aft for them. I have said on other threads that for our Alaskan cruise we have the opportunity to take one of the Owners Suites as opposed to our normal AE/AD Aft. Im so torn on what we should do. The bigger suite would be nice, but we do SO LOVE the AFT.

I agree Terry, I was really torn. Thats why I posted, because we've never done aft and after hearing so much about it we were really excited to give it a try. Ohhh well...theres always next time I guess. The old advice of "book a cabin that you want and hope for an upsell" really held true here as we really would be completely happy with either cabin.

Archived