Tips for new orleans hotel and trans to port

faithhopelove

Check out some of the other threads and the New Orleans Convention Centre website - we stayed at the Drury Inn in NOLA before the Dec 21st NCL Spirit cruise and found it to be very good indeed for the money. We had our own car. If you cab to the port from there it will be about a 15 minute trip but I'm not sure of the cost. You could probably find out from the hotel. Some other hotels are within walking distance from the port if you can handle your bags yourself, and some advertise shuttles - to the port (most don't say from the port after the ship returns). I think that there is a shuttle from the port to the airport, and NCL also runs a shore excursion in NOLA - if I recall the promo on board it is a city tour ending up at the airport for those with time to kill before they fly home. The NCL website would know more. Some people we met were going to share a shuttle with other passengers. Maybe check out the roll call for your cruise?

• 1 month later...

It would be a good idea to check reviews on TripAdvisor before booking a hotel in New Orleans. I have been happy with stays at the Marriott on Canal St. and at the Astor Crowne Plaza at the corner of Canal and Bourbon. Both were very nice when I stayed there. Some hotels that you think would be good might have bad reviews on TripAdvisor. The Hilton-Riverside has had some very bad reviews in the past and you would think a Hilton would be good.

Archived