Question about congratualtions decoration package

anw1184

You can be specific all you want - I order the birthday one for my Dad in October and even though I specified time and date it was all set up the 1st day of the cruise.

I guess if you're going to send a congrats package it shouldn't be for a surprise that could be ruined if delivered early.

For the birthday they asked me when I wanted it delivered. I'm not sure if they did the requested time but I do know they did the requested day.

You have to tell them which day of the cruise you want it delivered, not the calendar date or day of the week. The embarkation day is considered day 1. Ask for a confirmation by email, and that will show the delivery day. I recently ordered a package and it was delivered as requested on day 2.

It can be cheaper.. and better... if you do it yourself. Before I left for my cruise, I went to a party store and bought balloons, happy birthday signs, streamers, etc. I also included a roll of tape and sissors.

I handed it to our cabin steward on the sly with a nice tip, and asked him if he would decorate our room when we were at dinner. And boy oh boy did he decorate! The entire ceiling was covered with balloons.. he put a party hat on a towel animal he made for us. We laughed so hard when we walked in the room.. and it certainly was a birthday to remember!

Doens't work well if you're not sailing with the person.

The op said, "can you only have the congratulations decoration package when you get on the boat, or can they do it in the middle of the cruise? thanks! "

So obviously, the Op was sailing with the person.

Archived