Navigator of the Seas questions......

carollee

I'm sailing on the Navigator March 14th. Does anyone know what is going to be done on the ship when it's in dry dock, besides fixing the stabilizers. Anyone just getting off the ship...can you tell me if the cabins are showing a lot of wear and tear. We have 1st time cruisers in our group and I want everything to be beautiful and awesome for them and I'm wondering if I should have booked on a newer ship. After reading some of the recent threads about RC I'm starting to get a little nervous as I've never cruised on a ship that's 6 yrs old. Plus, our cabins are on the 8th floor and I guess that's where the main problem was with the brown water. Can anyone tell me what the food options are after midnight on the Navigator, besides room service. Do they have draft beer now and not just cans? And please tell me it's not true that you have to pay for your steak in the dining room.

Any and all info on the Navigator will be much appreciated.

Hi. I'm not sure I can answer all the questions, but I'll try. I was on the Navigator a few weeks ago and will be back on this Saturday. I'm not sure what they'll do during dry dock, but I had a great trip. The water was not yellow (9th floor) and things didn't seem old to me. You can get food on the promenade after midninght...pizza, sandwiches, dessert, etc. I wouldn't worry about your new cruiser. They'll love it!

Hi. I'm not sure I can answer all the questions, but I'll try. I was on the Navigator a few weeks ago and will be back on this Saturday. I'm not sure what they'll do during dry dock, but I had a great trip. The water was not yellow (9th floor) and things didn't seem old to me. You can get food on the promenade after midninght...pizza, sandwiches, dessert, etc. I wouldn't worry about your new cruiser. They'll love it!

Thanks, I feel better already! And I have to say that you are very lucky to be able to take 2 cruises so close....and I must say that I'm jealous! Thanks again.

I'm also just off Navigator. We were on 7 and had no yellow water. I was on the ship when it was just a few months old, and honestly I can say it looks just as great now. Maybe a little faded carpet, that's all I saw! You'll love the ship!

I was on the NOS last Dec for the 4th time and will be again in Feb. I asked the bartenders what happens while they are in dry dock. (thinking they might get to go home for a week or so). The answer from all I asked was clean, clean, clean. So the ship should be sparkling like crazy when you get on board. Have those sunglasses ready even in the hallways:D

Hi,

I posted a review here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=50968.

Concerning your questions, I don't know about draft beer. I didn't notice any, but I wasn't looking for it. Concrerning the cabins, we were in an inside cabin and found it fine for the price. It was big enough. I suspect you will have better accomodations. During the 5-day cruise, there was only one midnight buffet (and I think it was at 11:30). But the place on Deck 5, Grand Prominade, that has the coffee all day also has snacks for 24 hours. The water (on dck 6) was fine.

Hi, the family and I sailed on the 12/24/08 thru 1/03/09 cruise on the Navigator. I never saw a pay for steak option. There were many nights that steak or filet was offered (no additional cost). The rooms were in great condition. We were on 7 aft (superior balcony) and had no brown water. Ship is missing 2 stabilizers which will be repaired in dry dock. Despite the two missing stabilizers, it was one of our smoothest cruises (luck of the seas). The ship is gorgeous.

Relax - was on her last week, and thought "why have I been reading all this negative stuff on the boards?" We were on deck 9, and no yellow water. The crew is great, the food is great, and the ship is in great shape. If you want extra comfort call a few weeks before and ask for the "eggcrate" mattress topper for your bed - very comfy. A million stabilizers cannot make up for mother nature - she is bigger than the ship :) So don't worry about that either, because it is outside the ship's control. We had smooth sailing. And no. No option for buying steak in the dining room - so far that seems limited to ships without a specialty restaurant. That said, doing Chops for a night is well worth it.

Being on a ship like Navigator will spoil your first timers...

Archived