Jamaica in Nov. ?

penningtonsm

Hello all fellow cruisers. My wife and I are planning to go on a cruise for our Anniversary which is the week of November 14th. My question if to anyone who has cruised to Jamaica during this week to ask how the weather is. We took a cruise to the bahamas in May a couple of years ago and could not do most of the things we wanted due to lots of rain. The waters were so choppy that we couldnt even go to CoCo Cay (which i really wanted to do). I don't want any of these things to happen this time. If the weather is really bad for a ship in NOv. then I would rather just go to an all inclusive resort instead. I love Cruising however, so I am hoping that is not the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I can't speak for November, but I just came back from spending a week in Jamaica for a mission trip...and the weather was fabulous. Out of 8 days, there was only one day when it rained - and the shower lasted all of 20 minutes.

We spent one day at Doctors Cove Beach (near Mo Bay), and the water was awesome. It wasn't choppy at all.

I hope someone else who was actually there in November answers...but this gives you an idea of "winter" in Jamaica. It was excellent!

(I type this while we have snow outside and negative wind chills...I am SO wishing I was back in Jamaica, mon!)

Archived